Prime Minister Narendra Modi was on a two-day visit to Gujarat on 29th and 30th June 2017. He attended following events, during the course of this visit:
- Centenary celebrations of Sabarmati Ashram in Ahmedabad on 29th June, 2017.Event to mark the 150th birth anniversary of Shrimad Rajchandraji at Sabarmati Ashram on 29th June, 2017.
- Samajik Adhikarita Shivir in Rajkot, wherein PM interacted with Divyang (people with disabilities). He also distributed aid and devices worth 35 crore to over 18,000 divyang people at a grand function at the Race Course ground, Rajkot on June 29, 2017. This was country’s biggest camp in terms of the number of beneficiaries.
- On June 29, 2017, at Aaji dam on the outskirts of Rajkot city, PM launched irrigation & water related initiatives.
- On June 30, 2017, PM attended a programme to dedicate water supply schemes based on Vatrak, Mazum and Meswo Dams at Modasa in Aravalli district in north Gujarat.
- He also inaugurated two water supply projects worth 552 crore for the region and addressed a large gathering at the venue.
- On June 30, 2017, afternoon PM inaugurated ‘Textiles India 2017’.
- Lastly, PM Modi inaugurated an integrated sports & entertainment ‘Arena Project’ in Ahmedabad.
PM Modi Inaugurates ‘Textiles India’ in Gandhinagar
On June 30, 2017, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated ‘Textiles India’, country’s first-ever mega trade event for the textiles sector in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
About ‘Textiles India’:
The event ‘Textiles India 2017’, organised by the Union Ministry of Textiles, is aimed at showcasing the country as a global sourcing hub and investment destination.
- The three-day event is expected to see participation from 2500 international buyers, over a 1000 international and domestic exhibitors and several top fashion designers.
- Gujarat chief minister Vijay Rupani and Deputy Chief minister Nitin Patel, along with Union Ministers including Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, Commerce and Industry Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and Textile Minister Smriti Irani also participated in this event.
- Kumar Mangalam Birla, Chairman, Aditya Birla group; K. Goenka, Chairman, Welspun Group; Sanjay Lalbhai, Chairman and Managing Director, Arvind Ltd; and Gautam Singhania, CMD, Raymond Group attended the inaugural ceremony.
PM Releases Commemorative Coins, Stamp On Shrimad Rajchandraji
On June 29, 2017, Prime Minister Narendra Modi released coins and a stamp on Mahatma Gandhi’s spiritual guide, Shrimad Rajchandraji, at the Sabarmati Ashram in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- PM Modi released a commemorative first-day cover and a stamp of Rs 5 and coins of Rs 150 and Rs 10 denominations to mark the 150th birth anniversary of the Jain poet-thinker, which has coincided with the Sabarmati Ashram’s centenary celebrations.
- Shrimad Rajchandraji is known to be the spiritual mentor of Mahatma Gandhi.
PM inaugurates filling of Aji Dam under Sauni Yojana
On June 29, 2017, Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, inaugurated the filling of Aji Dam near Rajkot under SAUNI Yojana.
- The aim of SAUNI yojana is to divert excess over flowing flood water of River Narmada to 115 water starved reservoirs of eleven districts in Saurashtra region of Gujarat by constructing 1126 km long four link pipelines.