On April 10, 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the National Convention of Swachhagrahis (cleanliness ambassadors) at Motihari, in East Champaran district of Bihar.
ations of the Satyagraha led by Mahatma Gandhi, in Champaran.
- Theme of the centenary celebrations of the Champaran Satyagraha is “Satyagraha se Swachhagrah”.
- While addressing the convention, PM Modi outlined that sanitation coverage in India has expanded from about 40 percent in 2014, to about 80 percent today.
- During the event, PM Modi also distributed awards to Champion Swachhagrahis.
Overview of Development Projects launched by PM Modi in Motihari:
On April 10, 2018, PM Modi launched development projects worth over Rs. 6600 crore in Motihari.
- Water Supply and Sanitation sector: PM Modi unveiled a plaque to mark the foundation stone of Motijheel Project, the Bettiah Nagar Parishad Water Supply Scheme and four Ganga Projects viz. Saidpur Sewage Network – Patna, Pahari STP project, Pahari Sewage Network – Zone 4, Patna and Pahari Sewage Network – Zone 5, Patna.
- Railways Sector: PM Modi laid the foundation stone of the doubling of railway lines between Muzaffarpur – Sagauli and Sagauli – Valmikinagar. He dedicated the first phase of the Madhepura Electric Locomotive Factory to the nation and also flagged off the first 12000 Horse Power Freight Electric Locomotive and the Champaran Humsafar Express.
- Other Projects: PM Modi also laid the foundation stone for a petroleum oil lube and LPG terminal of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd at Motihari, a road lane of National Highway-2 in Auranagabad Bihar-Jharkhand border section and an LPG Plant of Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) at Sagauli.