On April 12, 2021, Union Minister of Commerce & Industry Piyush Goyal launched the DGFT (Directorate General of Foreign Trade) ‘Trade Facilitation’ Mobile App for promoting Ease of Doing Business (EoDB) in India and providing quick access to information to importers/exporters. It is an initiative of DGFT.
i.The app has been developed by Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) as per directions of DGFT.
ii.Piyush Goyal stated that the Trade Facilitation App is READY for Industry 4.0, as it provides
- Real-time trade policy updates, notifications, application status alert, tracking help requests
- Explore item-wise Export-Import policy & statistics, Track IEC (Importer-Exporter Code) Portfolio
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) based 24X7 assistance for trade queries
- DGFT services made accessible to all
- Your Trade Dashboard accessible anytime & anywhere
- It will create international trade opportunities for MSMEs (Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises) and Foreign players.
- It will reduce transaction cost and time for imports and exports related processes, and usher in transparency.
- It will significantly contribute to the export target of USD 1 Trillion by 2025 and the GDP target of USD 5 Trillion. It is a step towards paperless, automated processing systems.
Features of DGFT’s Mobile App
- The app provides several features for ease of the exporters and importers such as Real-time status of applications, Availability of Trade Dashboard Anytime Anywhere, Raise and track help requests in real-time & Sharing of Trade Notices/ Public Notices easily.
Recent Related News:
i.January 18, 2021, the Union Ministry of Commerce & Industry stated that the ‘New Foreign Trade Policy 2021-26’ of India will come into effect from April 1, 2021. The main mission of the policy would be to make India a leader in International Trade in the next 5 years.
About Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT):
It is an attached office of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry and is responsible for formulating and implementing the foreign trade policy of India.
Director-General – Amit Yadav
Headquarters – New Delhi