Union Railway ministry has instigated the Personalised take away bedrolls scheme for Chennai Central Railway Station and Thiruvananthapuram Central Railway Station of Southern Railway.
- It has been announced by Railway Minister Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu during an event held at East Tambaram Railway Colony Ground in Tambaram, Chennai.
Features of Bedrolls
Bedrolls are disposable and their cost is inclusive of all taxes and uniform across stations over Indian Railways.
- Type 1 – Bedroll kit packed in a non-woven fabric bag consisting of 2 cotton bedsheets and 1 pillow at a cost of Rs.140.
- Type 2 – Blanket kit packed in a non-woven bag consisting of 1 blanket at a cost of Rs.110.
Booking regarding Bedrolls
Passenger having a valid confirmed ticket for travel from the corresponding stations can book the bedroll kit.
- Booking available at irctctourism.com under the tab Bedrolls.
- Booking will be confirmed at the website and also through e-mail and SMS.
- Bedrolls can also be purchased across the designated counter at the stations by paying cash.
In case of non-delivery by IRCTC, 100% charges for the service would be refunded to the passenger’s account. (Refund will not include bank charges for booking transaction).
- Advance reservation period from 60 days before day of travel to up to five hours before scheduled departure of train.
- A toll free number 1323 will give information about the kits, cost and availability.
Cancellation / Amendment regarding Bedrolls:
- Cancellation before five hours of scheduled departure will incur cancellation charge of 20%.
- Cancellation within five hours of scheduled departure – no refund.
Passengers not permitted to resell the bedrolls after use.