The winner of Miss World pageant 2000, actress Priyanka Chopra (33) has won the Favourite Actress in New TV series award at the 42nd People’s Choice Awards 2016 for her leading role in American TV thriller series “Quantico”.
- She plays the role of an FBI agent named Alex Parish in the show.
- With this, Priyanka becomes the first Indian actor to register a win at the People’s Choice Awards.
- She was competing against actresses like Emma Roberts, Jamie Lee Curtis, Lea Michele and Marcia Gay Harden in the category.
About Priyanka Chopra
After being faced racial issued in US, the 1982 born actress and singer has now become one of Bollywood’s highest-paid actresses and one of the most popular and high-profile celebrities in India.
- In 2013, her second single “Exotic” debuted at number 16 on the Billboard Dance/Electronic Songs and number 11 on the Dance/Electronic Digital Songs chart.
- In July 2012, Chopra became the first Bollywood star signed by Creative Artists Agency, an entertainment and sports agency based in Los Angeles.
- In 2009 she began writing an opinion column, “The Priyanka Chopra Column”, for the Hindustan Times.
- In 2008, she won a National Film Award for Best Actress for Fashio
- In 2011, she won Critics Award for Best Actress for 7 Khoon Maaf.
- In 2004, she was conferred with Best Performance in a Negative Role for Aitraaz.
- In 2003, she was awarded with Best Female Debut for Andaaz.
About People’s Choice Awards
The People’s Choice Awards is an annual American awards show since 1975 recognizing the people and the work of popular culture, voted on by the general public.
- The People’s Choice Awards is broadcast on CBS and is produced by Procter & Gamble.
- The first ceremony in 1975 had 14 categories while in 2016, 65 categories were established.