On 5th May 2022, Pashupati Kumar Paras, Union Minister, Ministry of Food Processing Industries(MOFPI) launched the 3 One District One Product (ODOP) brands under the Pradhan Mantri Formalisation of Micro food processing Enterprises (PMFME) Scheme in New Delhi, Delhi.
- The New 3 ODOP Brands are, Madhurmithas; Anaras; and Pind Se and the 5 products are Jaggery Powder, dried spicy pineapple, Mango Pickle, Masala Paste and Lemon Honey.
- The ODOP brands are developed under the ODOP concept under the PMFME scheme.
Newly launched 3 ODOP Brands and 5 Products:
|Jaggery Powder||Madhurmithas(new)||Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh|
|Dried Spicy Pineapple||Anaras (new)||Ri Bhoi, Meghalaya|
|Mango Pickle||Pind Se(new)||Amritsar, Punjab|
|Masala Paste||Kashmiri Mantra(launched in January 2022)||Kulgam, Jammu and Kashmir(J&K)|
|Lemon Honey||Madhumantra(launched in January 2022)||Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh(UP)|
i.Under the PMFME Scheme, the MoFPI has signed an agreement with National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Ltd.(NAFED) to develop 10 brands of selected 20 ODOPs under PMFME scheme’s branding and marketing component.
ii.Previously, out of these 10 brands, 7 ODOP Brands and 9 Products have been launched in collaboration with NAFED.
|Cori Gold||Kota, Rajasthan||Coriander Powder|
|Makhana King||Darbhanga and Muzaffarpur from Bihar||Plain Makhana and Chatpata Makhana|
|Dilli Bakes||Delhi||Cookies and Rusk|
|Amrit Phal||Gurgaon, Haryana||Amla Juice|
|Madhumantra||Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh(UP)||Multiflora Honey|
|Somdana||Thane, Maharashtra||Millet Flour|
|Kashmiri Mantra||Kulgam, Jammu and Kashmir(J&K)||Red Chilli Powder|
- Brand Dilli Bakes was launched in October 2021 in New Delhi
- Brand Makhana King launched in January 2022 in Patna.
- The remaining 5 Brands were launched in January 2022 in New Delhi.
i.Following the launch of the 3 new brands and 5 products, a total of 10 ODOP brands and 14 products have been launched under the MoU between MOFPI and NAFED under the PMFME scheme.
ii.All the ODOP products are available on E-commerce platforms, and prominent retail stores across India.
iii.Through this initiative under the PMFME scheme the Ministry aims to create awareness about the vision, efforts, and initiatives of the Government to formalize, upgrade and strengthen the Micro Food Processing Enterprises (MFPEs) across India.
About Pradhan Mantri Formalisation of Micro food processing Enterprises (PMFME) Scheme:
PMFME Scheme, launched under the Aatmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan on 29th June 2020, is a centrally sponsored scheme.
- At present the scheme is being implemented in 35 States and Union Territories(UT).
- The scheme with an outlay of Rs. 10,000 crore over a period of five years from 2020-21 to 2024-25 aims to support more than 2lakh Micro Food Processing units for providing financial, technical, and business support for up-gradation of existing micro food processing enterprises.
i.To enhance the competitiveness of existing individual micro-enterprises in the unorganized segment of the food processing industry
ii.To promote formalization of the sector and provide support to Farmer Producer Organizations, Self Help Groups, and Producers Cooperatives along their entire value chain.
Recent Related News:
Union Minister for Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) Shri Pashupati Kumar Paras and Minister of State, MoFPI Shri Prahlad Singh Patel and senior officials of NAFED launched six food products of One District One Product (ODOP) brands under the Pradhan Mantri Formalisation of Micro food processing Enterprises (PMFME) Scheme at Panchsheel Bhawan, New Delhi.
About Ministry of Food Processing Industries(MOFPI):
Union Minister– Pashupati Kumar Paras (Constituency- Hajipur, Bihar)
Minister of State– Prahlad Singh Patel (Constituency- Damoh, Madhya Pradesh)