The first Paralympic Games in Arunachal Pradesh began at the SangayLhaden Sports Academy Complex, Chimpu, Itanagar began on March 15 with Sport and Youth affairs Secretary DaniSalu officially inaugurated the Open Event.
- The three-day event being organised by the Arunachal Pradesh Paralympics Association (APPA)Scheduled to be held from March 15 to 17.
- The five point memorandum has been submitted by APPA to the Sports Secretary during the event that demanded corpus fund of Rs. 20 Lakh for Paralympic Games, Rs. 10 Lakh each for Umang Festival and for procurement of sports goods, boys’ and girls’ hostels for persons with disabilities, their training at SLSA, and appointment of five posts of coaches for them.
The Events and Winners:
- Around 130 participants have registered for the 12 events, the numbers indicate a very positive start. The event is being held in collaboration with District Administration Capital Complex and state Directorate of Sports.
- The events included, 100M, 400M, 800M and Wheel Chair Race (100M), Long Jump, Shot Put, Javelin Throw, Chess, Carrom, Volleyball (Men) and Arm Wrestling.
- In the wheelchair race event Techi Tallaremerged as the Winner.
- In the boys’ 100 meter race,Tabam Tatak won the race.
- LiterOri came in at first place in the girls’100 meter
- In the men’s 100 meter race category, Thasang Ajay won first place.