On February 3, 2021, Pakistan’s Army Strategic Forces Command (ASFC) successfully Test Fired the Nuclear-Capable Surface-to-Surface Ballistic Missile ‘Ghaznavi (Hatf-III)’.
- Ghaznavi has a range of 290 Kms & can carry both Nuclear & Conventional Warheads
- It was launched by ASFC as part of its Annual Field Training Exercise
- It is a Hypersonic Missile developed by National Development Complex (NDC), Pakistan.
- The missile has been tested in both Day & Night modes
- The missile inducted into Pakistan Army in 2012 is named after 11th Century Muslim Turkic Conqueror Mahmud of Ghazni
- Other Medium Range Ballistic Missiles of Pakistan are Ghauri & Shaheen.
ii.On January 20, 2021 Pakistan had test-fired Surface-to-Surface ballistic ‘Shaheen III’ which has a range of 2, 750 Kilometres.
Recent Related News:
i.On January 7, 2021, Pakistan successfully Test-Fired its indigenous ‘Fatah-1’ MLR which has capability of precision target engagement deep into the enemy territories.
Prime Minister – Imran Khan
Currency – Pakistani Rupee
Capital – Islamabad