The Digital India Awards are aimed at encouraging Government entities, which have made significant contributions towards the implementation of e-Governance and shown an exemplary & innovative approach to achieve administrative efficiency and transparency.
i. The Digital India Awards have been instituted under the ambit of the National Portal of India by National Informatics Centre, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
ii. 4 editions of the awards have been carried out since its inception in 2010 and being biennially conferred in 2012, 2014, and2016.
iii. Continuing with the tradition, the 5th edition of Digital India Awards was organized on 22nd February, 2019 at Stein Auditorium, Indian Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
iv. Union Minister of Electronics & IT, Law & Justice,Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, conferred “Digital India Awards 2018” at the exclusive ceremony.
v. 35 awards were conferred to teams and individuals in the following categories:
- Web Ratna – Ministry/Department
- Exemplary Online Service
- Best Mobile App
- Emerging Technology
- Open Data Champion
- Web Ratna – State/UT
- Web Ratna – District
- Outstanding Digital initiative by Local body
- Jury Choice Awards
- Special Mention Awards
List of Winners:
|Web Ratna – Ministry/Department||Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises
|Department of Financial Services
|Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports
|Exemplary Online Service
|Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
|Goods and Services Tax
|Best Mobile App
|ePathshala||· T App Folio
· Mobile Meeseva App – Andhra Pradesh
|Rajkot Eyeway Project
|Blockchain Implementation in Land Records, Andhra Pradesh
|Crop Area Estimation and Loss Assessment for the State of Gujarat
|Open Data Champion
|Marketing Research and Information Network (AGMARKNET)
|· Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers Welfare
· Ministry of Drinking water and Sanitation
|· Surat Municipal Corporation
· Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion
|Web Ratna – STATE / UT||Tripura||Himachal Pradesh
|Web Ratna – District
· East Champaran
|Outstanding Digital initiative by Local body
|Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation
|Municipal Corporation, Gurugram
|Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai
- MCA21 Application (Ministry of Corporate Affairs)
- UMANG – Mobile App
- E-District Project (Meghalaya)
- Andhra Pradesh Real Estate Regulatory Authority
- Arunachal Pradesh in Web Ratna – State / UT (North East)
- South Tripura District Web Ratna – District (North East)
Apart from conferring the Digital India Awards, the series of releases for enriching the Digital India Vision also took place:
- Digital India Coffee Table Book – “Towards a New India, Transforming Digital Dream to Reality”
- Digital India Awards Compendium – A compilation of the exemplary digital initiatives that have been awarded in each of the eight categories for the platinum, gold and silver awards. The compendium also carries a mention of Jury Choice and Special Mention awards.
- STQC Accessibility Certification Scheme – A scheme to assess and certify websites that migrate to S3WaaS (Secure, Scalable &Sugamya websites) for web content accessibility.
- Unified Messaging Platform – A platform released by MeitY for secure and efficient Government communications and NIC is the implementing agency for this large deployment. Email and messaging are the backbone of e-governance.
- Public DNS (Domain Name System) Service– A service being implemented by MeitY and configuration setup to be done by NIC for offering to all citizens
- Cyber Crisis Management Plan 2019 (CCMP) and Guidance Framework for the CCMP – A framework document for countering Cyber Attacks and Cyber Terrorism and dealing with cyber-related incidents.