On August 23,2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi reached Surat, where he was received by Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani.
During his day long visit, he visited Junagarh, Valsad and addressed the 4th convocation of Gujarat Forensic Science University in Gandhinagar.
Following are the detailed information about the visit:
PM Modi reached in Junagadh to inaugurate multiple projects
On August 23, 2018, the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated various projects in Junagadh district of Gujarat.
i. These include:
- The Government Civil Hospital,
- Building of GMERS Medical College at the cost of Rs.249 crore,
- 13 projects of Junagadh Municipal Corporation,
- A milk processing plant at Khokhardaand
- Some buildings of the Junagadh Agriculture University.
ii. Laid foundation stones of nine initiatives worth over Rs 500 crore.
During his visit in Valsad district:
During his visit in Valsad, the PM inaugurated multiple projects, these include:
- More than 1.15 lakh houses have been built in Gujarat at a cost of Rs 1,727 crore under the scheme across 26 districts.
- He distributed e-Gruhpravesh certificates to beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin.
- Beneficiaries from five districts of south Gujarat — Valsad, Navsari, Tapi, Surat and Dangs – were present for the distribution of the certificates in Valsad.
- On the sideline of this mission he announced the target of every family owning a home by 2022.
- Laid foundation stone of Astole Water Supply Scheme for providing clean drinking water at the cost of Rs.586 crore in Kaprada region in Valsad district.
- He also distributed certificates and employment letters to select beneficiaries under various development schemes, including Deen Dayal Upadhyay Grameen Kaushal Vikas Yojana, Mukhya Mantri Gramodaya Yojana and National Rural Livelihood Mission.
- He also distribute appointment letters and mini-ATMs to women bank correspondents.
Other Important Announcements:
- He announced that decision has been taken to develop a medical college and hospital for every three Lok Sabha constituencies initially which will elevate to a medical college and a hospital in every district.
- During the public meeting Prime Minister mentioned about the importance about the Jan Aushadhi Store and Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana- Ayushman Bharat Scheme which is to be implemented 25th of September.
- He announced the decision to complete 99 pending irrigation projects at the cost of Rs 1 lakh crore and fix the MSP 1.5 times higher than the input cost.
- He also awarded the GFSU an ‘A’ Grade certificate on behalf of the National Assessment and
Accreditation Council for remarkable academic excellence for creating an international human resource pool in the fields of criminal investigation and justice delivery.
- This DNA technology will help in detection of criminals and better justice system.
- The PM also attended a meeting of the Shree Somnath Trust at the Raj Bhavan regarding management of affairs of the famous Somnath temple of Lord Shiva. Former Gujarat chief minister Keshubhai Patel was renominated as the chairman of the trust for the term of another year.
- Finally the PM greeted the public for the festival of Rakshabandhan.
♦ Chief Minister: Vijay Rupani.
♦ Governor: Om Prakash Kohli.
♦ National Parks: Jambughoda Wildlife Sanctuary, Vansda National Park, Blackbuck National Park, Gir Forest National Park.
♦ UNESCO Heritage sites: Rani ki Vav, Historic City of Ahmedabad, Champaner-Pavagarh Archaeological Park.