On 19th February,2019 Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Varanasi,Uttar Pradesh and unveiled several development projects worth Rs. 3350.
PM Narendra Modi flaged off first ever diesel-to-electric converted locomotive in Varanasi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the first ever diesel to electric converted locomotive twin engine of 10000 Horse Power(HP) at DLW Varanasi.
- It is designed with the help of engineers from Research Designs and Standards Organisation (RDSO), Chittaranjan Locomotive Works(CLW), and Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd.(BHEL).
- Diesel Locomotive Works took just 69 days to convert two WDG3A Diesel Locos into a Twin Electric WAGC3 locomotive of 10,000 HP.
PM inaugurated Virtual Experiential Museum at Man-Mahal near Dashashwamedh Ghat at Varanasi
Prime Minister,Narendra Modi inaugurated Virtual Experiential Museum (VEM) under Archeological Survey of India, Man – Mahal,in the bank of the River Ganges.
- National Council of Science Museum (NCSM) under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India established VEM.
- Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH) helped in designing and curation of this VEM.
♦ It was constructed by Raja Man – Singh in 1600 A.D.
♦ In 1734, an observatory was constructed on the roof of this monument by Sawai Jai Singh II of Jaipur.
PM visits Banaras Hindu University(BHU) in Varanasi
PM Narendra Modi inaugurated supercomputer ‘Param Shivay’ at IIT-BHU.The supercomputer of 833 teraflop capacity built at the cost of Rs 32.5 crore.
- Additional Information: India’s first supercomputer called PARAM 8000 was launched in 1991.
- He released commemorative postage stamp on completion of 100 Years of IIT BHU.
Highlights during PM Narendra Modi’s Visit to Varanasi:
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya Cancer Hospital and Homi Bhabha Cancer Hospital in Lahartara.
- He unveiled statue of Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya along with Murals of Varanasi Ghats.
- He also dedicated first New Bhabhatron with precision technology.
- On the Occasion of Ravidas Jayanti,PM Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of Guru Ravidas Birth Place Development Project in Shri Guru Ravidas Janmasthan Temple.
- At Aaure village in Varanasi, PM inaugurated a number of development projects, aimed at boosting health and other sectors in Varanasi and nearby areas.
About Uttar Pradesh:
♦ Capital – Lucknow
♦ Governor – Ram Naik
♦ Chief Minister-Yogi Adityanath.