Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Kalaburagi in Karnataka and Kancheepuram in Tamil Nadu where he launched various development projects.
Highlights from PM Modi’s visit to Karnataka:
- The Prime Minister dedicated the Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) Hospital and Medical College, Bengaluru to the nation, through the unveiling of the plaque.
- He inaugurated the Super Specialty Block of Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences(KIMS) in Hubali, the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal building in Bangalore and the Women’s Hostel for Students from North Eastern Region at Bangalore University, through the press of button.
- Foundation stone for the resitement of BPCL depot Raichur to Kalaburagi was also laid by the Prime Minister through the unveiling of plaque.
- He also interacted with the beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana: Ayushman Bharat.
Highlights from PM Modi’s visit to Tamil Nadu:
- PM Modi launched various National Highway projects, including the foundation stone for the four laning of NH-45C from Vikravandi to Thanjavur and the six laning of Karaipettai – Walajapet section of NH-4.
- He dedicated the 5 MMTPA capacity Ennore LNG Terminal to the nation. The Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) terminal will help in meeting the LNG demand in Tamil Nadu and neighboring states.
- He also dedicated the electrification of Erode-Karur-Tiruchchirapalli and Salem-Karur-Dindigul railway lines to the nation.
- He announced that the Chennai Central Railway Station would be renamed after former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MG Ramachandran.
- He also unveiled the statue of Dr. MG Ramachandran at Dr. MGR Janaki College of Arts & Science for Women, Chennai through video link.
♦ Capital – Bengaluru
♦ Chief Minister – H.D. Kumaraswamy
♦ Governor – Vajubhai Vala
About Tamil Nadu
♦ Capital – Chennai
♦ Chief Minister – Edappadi K. Palaniswami
♦ Governor – Banwarilal Purohit
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification