On 9th February 2019, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi visited Arunachal Pradesh where he inaugurated and laid foundation stone for various development projects. The details of his visit are as follows:
Development projects worth Rs.4000 crores was unveiled for Arunachal Pradesh by Prime Minister
Prime Minister, Narendra Modi unveiled development projects worth Rs.4000 crore for Arunachal Pradesh. He inaugurated several projects and laid foundation stone for some schemes.
- PM Modi inaugurated new Doordarshan channel for Arunachal Pradesh and 50 health and wellness centers in the state.
- PM dedicated 110 MW Hydroelectric Plant to the nation.
- He laid foundation stone for a permanent campus of Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) at Jote and inaugurated a retrofitted airport in Tezu.This is the third Film and Television Institute of Ministry of I&B, the first two being FTII Pune and SRFTI Kolkata. It is the first Film and Television Institute of entire North-East.
Sela tunnel project was inaugurated in Arunachal Pradesh
Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi laid foundation stone for Sela tunnel project which will provide all-weather connectivity to Tawang and forward areas during his visit to Arunachal Pradesh.
- The estimated cost of Sela tunnel Project is Rs.687 crore which will be constructed by the Border Roads Organization (BRO).
- It covers a total distance of 12.04 km including two tunnels of 1790m and 475m each. The project will be completed in 3 years.
Foundation stone was laid for Greenfield airport in Arunachal Pradesh by Narendra Modi
Narendra Modi laid foundation stone for Greenfield airport at Hollongi during his Arunachal Pradesh visit which will improve connectivity.
- The total cost of the airport will be Rs.1042 crore in which centre will provide Rs.955 crore and State’s share will be Rs.87 crore.
- The airport will have a capacity of 200 passengers in peak hour handling with 5 check-in counters and 2 parking bays.
Foundation stone was laid for 7 extra High Voltage Sub-stations and 24 Low Tension Sub-stations in Arunachal Pradesh
Foundation stone for 7 Extra High Voltage Sub-stations and 24 Low Tension Sub-stations was laid by PM Narendra Modi during his visit to Arunachal Pradesh.
- It will provide affordable 24×7 power to all especially in the remote locations of Arunachal Pradesh. The project will help in bringing the per capita power consumption of the state closer to national average.
- The project will implemented by Power Grid Corporation of India Limited under Ministry of Power with an estimated cost of Rs.3199.45 crores.
DD ArunPrabha Channel was launched in Itanagar by Prime Minister
During the visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Arunachal Pradesh, he launched DD ArunPrabha Channel in Itanagar. It is Doordarshan 2nd channel in north-eastern region after DD North East. The project cost is estimated to be 60 crore which is part of the Rs. 1054.52 crore fund approved by Cabinet. The service will be 24×7.
100% household electrification was declared in Arunachal Pradesh by PM
PM Modi during his visit to Arunachal Pradesh declared 100% electrification of all household in the state. It was achieved under the ‘Soubhagya Scheme’. Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana or Soubhagya Scheme is a scheme launched by Government of India in 2017 to provide electricity to all households.
About Arunachal Pradesh
♦ Capital: Itanagar
♦ CM: Pema Khandu
♦ Governor: B.D Mishra