On 16th December 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Rae Bareli for the first time where he launched various development projects and Allahabad which is recently renamed to Prayagraj to review the preparation of Kumbh Mela. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister, Yogi Adityanath also visited Rae Bareli on 13th December to oversee preparations of Prime Minister’s one day visit.
PM launches development projects in Rae Bareli
On 16th December 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited traditional seat of Former Congress Chairperson Sonia Gandhi and laid foundation stone for various projects.
- Shri Narendra Modi Visited Modern Coach Factory in Uttar Pradesh where he flagged off the 900th Coach and a Humsafar Rake.
- Prime Minister said that the Projects that were dedicated, inaugurated or for which foundation stone has been laid are cumulatively worth Rs. 1000 crore.
- As per Prime Minister, Government is trying to make Rae Bareli a Global Hub of Rail Coach manufacturing.
PM at Prayagraj inaugurates new Airport Complex, Integrated Command and Control Centre for Kumbh Mela
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Prayagraj after Rae Bareli to review the preparation of Kumbh Mela. He also visited Swachh Kumbh Exhibition.PM inaugurated ‘Swachch Kumbh’ Model on the banks of Sangam,where the ‘Ganga Puja’ is to be performed.
- Prime Minister inaugurated a new Airport Complex, an Integrated Command and Control Centre for the Kumbh Mela at Prayagraj.
- Prime Minister said in a gathering that his government is making every effort to showcase India’s glorious past and vibrant future at the Ardh-Kumbh.
Inauguration of 175 Km of Sewerage Network in Prayagraj
i.PM Modi inaugurated 175 km of sewerage network under National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) which will reduce 7.8 crore litres of sewage falling into river Ganga each day.
ii.The Project was inaugurated in the Presence of Uttar Pradesh Governor Shri Ram Naik, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya.
iii.Prime Minister also laid foundation stone for two more projects under One City-One Operator Scheme with the sanctioned cost of Rs. 767.59 Crore.
iv.Rs 904 Crore has been allotted for Rehabilitation and Operations & Maintenance of 6 existing Sewage Treatment plants (STP) of capacity 254 MLD.
- Kumbh Mela is The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization’s (UNESCO) Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
- It is the largest peaceful gathering of people in the world. Four Fairs namely Prayag Kumbh Mela, Haridwar Kumbh Mela, Nashik-Trimbakeshwar Simhasthaand Ujjain Simhastha are recognized as the Kumbh Meal.
- At any Given Place, Kumbh Mela is held once in 12 years.
About Uttar Pradesh
♦ Governor: Ram Naik
♦ Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath