On 4th March 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi embarked on a 2 day visit to Gujarat. He laid foundation stone for various projects and launched various schemes during his visit.
‘One Nation, One Card’ for transport mobility launched by PM
PM Modi launched ‘One Nation, One Card’ for transport mobility in Ahmedabad. It is first of this kind scheme in India.
- It will enable people to pay multiple kinds of transport charges including metro services and toll taxes across the country using National Common Mobility Card (NCMC).
- Indigenously developed NCMC is a merge of RuPay Card with the mobility card. As a result people can withdraw money using NCMC on RuPay card.
Pension scheme PM Shram Yogi Maan-dhan Yojana launched by PM
During the visit PM Modi launched PM Shram Yogi Maan-dhan Yojana (PM-SYM) in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. It is a pension scheme specially for empowering the workers in unorganized sector.
- The scheme will provide Rs.3000 monthly pension to the employees of unorganized sector after 60 years of age. PM-SYM pension cards are distributed to select beneficiaries by the PM.
- The Government will bear the cost incurred by the Common Service Centre for enrolling a beneficiary. For enrollment, a form needs to be filled with Aadhaar number and bank details.
Ahmedabad Metro first phase inaugurated by PM Modi
On 4th March 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 1st phase of Ahmedabad Metro train service. The train will connect Vastral to Apparel park area which is 6.5km stretch.
- PM unveiled a plaque and waved a green flag to the metro train and travelled in it for a short distance from the Vastral Gam metro station.
- Ahmedabad Metro first phase will be 40km long with 6.5 km in underground and the remaining stretch is elevated.
- Second phase of the project will be from Motera cricket stadium to Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar. The phase 2 is just 28km long.
- Gujarat government and central government are to each contribute Rs.1990 crore for the project. It has 2 corridors one from Vastral to Thaltej Gam and other from Gyaspur depot to Motera Stadium.
SWAGAT: An Automatic Fare Collection Gating System by BEL launched by PM Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched SWAGAT – the Automatic Fare Collection Gating System by Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) as part of the inaugural of Phase I of the Ahmedabad Metro.
i. It is an initiative by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) in collaboration with BEL and Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC) with the support of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) and State Bank of India (SBI) and keeping with the spirit of Make in India, Digital India and Skill India.
ii. It is compliant with the National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) ecosystem for hassle-free commute across India and has also received EMVCo certification by FIME Lab, France.
iii. It is the first indigenous system and the first ever outside the developed world and can operate across all cities and all modes of transport to make ‘One Nation – One Card’ a reality.
iv. It is designed and developed by Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC), a R&D organization of the Ministry of Electronics & IT.
v. Features of SWAGAT:
- Mobility cum debit / credit card.
- It will be implemented across all modes of transport, be it Metro, Trains or Buses.
- Will work across all cities.
- Fare collection made simple, automatic, cashless and easy.
- Improves the efficiency of fare collection.
PM inaugurated 750 beds Annexe of GGS Hospital in Jamnagar
During the visit Modi inaugurated 750 beds Annexe of Guru Gobind Singh Hospital in Jamnagar, Gujarat. He also visited the hospital complex and inaugurated the newly built PG hostel of the hospital.
Foundation stone of Vishva Umiyadham Complex laid by PM
PM Modi laid foundation stone of Vishva Umiyadham Complex at Jaspur, Ahmedabad. PM appealed to people to create a society where there is no discrimination based on gender.
Modi offered prayers at Shree Annapurna Dham Temple Adalaj
Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his visit to Gujarat offered his prayers at the Shree Annapurna Dham temple in Adalaj, Gandhinagar.
Foundation stone of Shikshan Bhavan and Vidyarti Bhavan laid by Modi at Adalaj.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid foundation stone of Shikshan Bhavan and Vidyarti Bhavan at Annapurna Dham Trust in Adalaj, Gujarat.
PM visited Jamnagar in Gujarat
Modi visited Jamnagar and flagged off Bandra – Jamnagar Humsafar Express. He also launched 51 km pipeline from Aaji-3 to Khijadia.
♦ Capital: Gandhinagar
♦ CM: Vijay Rupani
♦ Governor : Om Prakash Kohli