President of India, Mr Ram Nath Kovind visited Odisha, West Bengal and Jharkhand from September 27 to October 1, 2019.
President in Odisha (September 27-28, 2019)
President Ram Nath Kovind arrived in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. He was accompanied by his wife Savita Kovind.
President presents Colours to Corps of Army Air Defence
On September 28, 2019, President Kovind presented Colours to Corps of Army Air Defence at the Army Air Defence Centre in Gopalpur, Ganjam district of Odisha in the presence of Army chief General Bipin Rawat, Odisha Governor Ganeshi Lal and Union Petroleum and Steel Minister Dharmendra Pradhan.
- The President’s Colours was received by the Army Air Defence Centre on behalf of the Corps of Army Air Defence.
- He also paid homage to the Corps of Army Air Defence.
About President’s Colours Award:
The President’s Colours Award is the highest military honour for an armed forces organisation. This award is given in recognition of exceptional service rendered by it to the nation, both during the war and in peace.
President in Jharkhand (September 28- 30, 2019)
President Ram Nath Kovind was welcomed by Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das on his arrival at the Ranchi Airport.
- He addressed the 33rd convocation of Ranchi University in Ranchi, Jharkhand.
- The visit to Gumla to attend a function of Vikash Bharati, a non-government organisation (NGO) & a visit to the temple town Deoghar to offer prayers at Baba Baidyanath Dham temple were cancelled due to heavy rains.
President in West Bengal (September 30- October 1 2019)
- President Ram Nath Kovind met the Chief Minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee.
- He visited the National Institute for Locomotor Disabilities (NILD) in Kolkata and interacted with indoor patients, rehabilitated patients, caregivers and doctors of the institute. He was accompanied by West Bengal Governor Mr. Jagdeep Dhankhar & Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Dr. Thawar Chand Gehlot.
- He inaugurated the first e-rickshaw to help the physically challenged patients move inside the campus, inspected the Multi-sensory Integrated Therapy Unit, visited an exhibition of wall hangings and handicrafts made by physically challenged children.
- He also visited the Belur Math, the global headquarters of the Ramakrishna Mission founded by Swami Vivekananda. It is located on the west bank of the Hooghly River, Belur, West Bengal.
♦ Capital: Bhubaneshwar
♦ Chief Minister: Naveen Patnaik
♦ National Parks: Bhitarkanika National Park, Simlipal National Park
♦ Wildlife Sanctuaries: Badrama WLS, Chandaka Dampara WLS, Chilika (Nalaban) WLS, Debrigarh WLS, Karlapat WLS, Kotagarh WLS, Nandankanan WLS, Sunabeda WLS etc
♦ Capital: Ranchi
♦ Governor: Draupadi Murmu
♦ National Parks: Betla National Park
♦ Wildlife Sanctuaries: Dalma WLS, Gautam Buddha WLS, Hazaribagh WLS, Koderma WLS, Lawalong WLS, Mahauadan WLS, Palamau WLS, Palkot WLS, Parasnath WLS, Topchanchi WLS, Udhwa Lake WLS
About West Bengal:
♦ Capital: Kolkata
♦ National Parks: Buxa National Park, Gorumara National Park, Neora Valley National Park, Singalila National Park, Sunderban National Park, Jaldapara National Park
♦ Wildlife Sanctuaries: Ballavpur WLS, Bethuadahari WLS, Bibhuti Bhusan WLS, Buxa WLS, Chapramari WLS etc