On 8th March 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi embarked on a visit to Kanpur, Ghaziabad and Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh. He laid foundation stone for various development projects and schemes during his visit.
Modi unveiled several development projects in Greater Noida
PM Modi during his visit to UP address a gathering and unveiled several development projects in Greater Noida.
- PM inaugurated Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute of Archaeology and unveiled a statue of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya at the campus.
- Modi inaugurated Noida City Centre – Noida Electronic City Section of the Delhi Metro which will provide a convenient and faster mode of transport for the residents.
PM Laid Foundation stone for two thermal power plants
- PM laid foundation stone of two Thermal Power Projects, one at Khurja, Uttar Pradesh and other at Buxar, Bihar. Both the plants will have power generation capacity of 1320 MW.
- The Thermal Power plant at Khurja will be developed at the cost of Rs. 12,000 crore whereas the power plant at Buxar will be developed at the cost of Rs 10,000 crore.
Prime Minister visited Kanpur and inaugurated several development projects
- Prime Minister, Narendra Modi laid foundation stone of Metro Rail Project in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- Modi laid foundation stone of Panki Thermal Power Plant and unveiled plaques to mark the launch of various projects in Kanpur.
Development projects inaugurated in Ghaziabad
- Modi unveiled the plaque to mark the inauguration of Civil Terminal of Hindon Airport and distributed certificates to the beneficiaries of various government schemes in Ghaziabad.
- He visited Sikandarpur and laid foundation stone of Delhi- Ghaziabad – Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System. He visited Shaheed Sthal (New Bus Adda) Metro stationin Ghaziabad and flagged off Metro Rail.
Foundation stone of Kashi Vishwanath Temple Corridor laid by PM
- PM laid the foundation stone of Kashi Vishwanath Mandir Vistarikaran- Saundarayakaran Yojana (Kashi Vishwanath Temple Extension and Beautification Plan). The work will be rolled out in four phases.
- He also laid foundation stone of Kashi Vishwanath Temple approach road and its beautification.
PM inaugurated and laid foundation stone for projects worth Rs.32500 cr
During his UP visit, PM inaugurated and laid foundation stone for projects worth Rs.32500 cr
- He also inaugurated 2 model inter colleges- one for boys and one for girls, drinking water plant, sewage treatment facility and 180 houses built under government’s Aasra Residential Scheme in Ghaziabad.
- Modi laid foundation stone of Integrated Traffic Management System (ITMS) and inaugurated an extension of Delhi Metro’s Red Line.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi also inaugurated a Metro Rail Project in Lucknow.
PM reiterates his government’s commitment to provide house to all homeless persons by 2022
PM reiterated the promise of his government that by 2022 there will be no homeless persons in the country. More than 150000 houses have been completed under PM Awas Yojana.
About Uttar Pradesh
♦ Capital – Lucknow
♦ CM- Yogi Adityanath
♦ Governor – Ram Naik