On September 30, 2018, the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi went on a 1-day visit to Gujarat. He was received by Chief Minister Vijay Rupani at the airport.
- His visit consisted of inaugurating various projects at Anand, Anjar, and Rajkot.
- Apart from this, 140 delegates from 60 countries are visiting Punsari village in Sabarkantha district for implementation of various government projects including the Mahatma Gandhi Swachhata Mission.
- The Punsari village has unique facilities like:
- Internal free of cost bus service, own website, clean and mineral containing drinking water supply through own RO plant, zero tax dues, cctv network and digital library.
- The delegation is also scheduled to visit Sabarmati Ashram in Ahmedabad and Gandhi Kutir in Gandhinagar during its day-long visit.
His Visit to Anand:
On September 30, 2018, PM Modi reached Anand and development projects worth over Rs. 1100 crore were inaugurated.
i .He inaugurated the following relating to the dairy, food processing, agriculture and energy sectors:
- Modern food processing facilities, a RTUF( Ready to use Therapeutic Food Plant) chocolate plant of the Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF), owner of the Amul brand, at Mogar in Anand,
- Anand Agricultural University’s Incubation Centre cum Centre of Excellence in Food Processing,
- Solar Cooperative Society at Mujhkuva village at Anand,
ii. He also lay the Foundation Stone for the expansion of Amul manufacturing facilities at Anand and Khatraj.
iii. He addressed that under Sardar Patel’s leadership and guidance, the first housing society was formed in the country in Gujarat’s Ahmedabad in 1927 and was named Pritam Nagar (after Pritam Rai Desai).
His Visit to Anjar, Kutch district:
On September 30, 2018, PM Modi visited Anjar, Kutch and development projects worth Rs. 6000 crore were inaugurated.
i. He inaugurated 3 LNG terminal in the state of Gujarat.
ii. Here, he inaugurated the following:
- Greenfield Mundra LNG terminal,
- The Anjar-Mundra Pipeline Projectand
- The Palanpur-Pali-Barmer pipeline project,
- The Bhimasar-Anjar—Bhuj National Highway,
- Transmission Office and sub-station at Anjar.
iii. He addressed the gathering in Anjar and discussed about Gujarat’s tourism sector and electrification of villages.
His Visit to Rajkot:
On September 30, 2018, PM Modi visited Rajkot.
- He inaugurated the Mahatma Gandhi Museum set up at the Alfred High School in Rajkot to spread awareness about Gandhian culture, values and philosophy.
- He unveiled a plaque to mark the inauguration of a public housing project of 624 houses.
- He also witnessed the e-Gruh Pravesh of 240 beneficiary families.
The foreign delegates are in India to participate in the Mahatma Gandhi International Sanitation Convention being held in New Delhi.
♦ Capital: Gandhinagar.
♦ Chief Minister: Vijay Rupani.
♦ Governor: Om Prakash Kohli.
♦ Ahmedabad: India’s First world heritage city, Manchester of India, Boston of India.
♦ Baroda(Vadodara): Banyan City, Power Hub of India, Cultural capital of Gujarat.