PM Modi lays foundation stone of AIIMS in Madurai,Tamil Nadu
On 27th January 2019, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, laid the foundation stone for the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at Thoppur near Madurai, Tamil Nadu.
- It will be the first such facility in Tamilnadu and will be built at a cost of Rs 1,264 crore within 45 months.
- The 750-bed AIIMS will offer 100 MBBS seats in the state and its location will benefit people residing in the Southern backward districts of Tamil Nadu.
- Besides this the super speciality blocks of Madurai’s Rajaji Medical College, Thanjavur Medical College and Tirunelveli Medical College was also inaugurated by the PM.
- Prime Minister Modi also dedicated a dozen Post Office Pass Port Seva Kendras to the nation on the occasion.
- The inauguration ceremony which was organised in the Nelson Mandela Nagar was attended by Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit, Chief Minister Edappadi Palanisamy, Deputy CM O Paneerselvam.
About Tamil Nadu:
♦ Chief Minister: Edapadi Palaniswami
♦ Deputy Chief Minister: O. Pannerselvam
♦ Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
♦ Capital: Chennai
PM dedicates Integrated Refinery Expansion Complex and Mounded Storage Vessel to the nation at LPG Bottling Plant in Kochi
On 27th January 2019, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, dedicated to the nation an Integrated Refinery Expansion Project Complex (IREP) of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) and laid the foundation stone for a petrochemical complex in Kochi, Kerala.
- With the inauguration, the Kochi refinery will now be transformed into the largest PSU Refinery in India with world class standards and equipped for production of cleaner Fuels for India.
- The plant will now be used for double roles for producing the LPG & diesel and commencement of production of feedstock for petrochemical projects in this plant.
- After execution of IREP the Kochi refinery will now be able to produce propylene and other niche petrochemicals that are used in different products such as paints, inks, coating, detergent and many other articles.
- Besides, Mr. Modi also laid the foundation stone of second campus of the Skill development institute set up by BPCL and backed by the Ministry of Petrochemical and Natural Gas at Ettumanoor.
- The Prime Minister also dedicated mounded storage facility by Indian Oil at its Kochi LPG based bottling Plant which is built at a cost of Rs 50 crores. The new facility will enhance LPG storage capacity and reduce road movement of LPG tankers.
- The total storage capacity of Mounded Storage Vessel, IOCL LPG Bottling Plant is 4350 MT.
♦ Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
♦ Governor: Palanisamy Sathasivam
♦ Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
About Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas:
♦ Minister: Dharmendra Pradhan
♦ Headquarters: New Delhi