On October 23, 2019 the cabinet committee chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi approved the following proposals with the foreign countries:
Approval on MoU between India and St. Vincent & the Grenadines on cooperation in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine:
The cabinet committee approved the proposal of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and St. Vincent & the Grenadines signed on cooperation in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine on 11th September 2019 in New Delhi.
Benefits of the MoU:
- The MoU will lead to mutual cooperation of the two nations and lead to promotion of traditional medicinal system of St. Vincent & the Grenadines and also India’s AYUSH (Ayurvedic, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy) medicinal systems.
- Research projects would be undertaken by both nation citizens and may lead to new innovations in drug development, etc.
Approval on Agreement on Science and Technology Cooperation between India and America:
The Union Cabinet approved the proposal for Agreement on Science and Technology Cooperation between India and the United States of America.
Benefits of the agreement:
- The agreement would enhance bilateral relations through mutual interest in science and technology, thus promoting quality research and innovation based public-private partnerships.
Approval of MoU between India and Kuwait in the field of accounting, finance and audit knowledge base
The Union Cabinet approved MoU between India and Kuwait for capacity building and strengthening the accounting, financial and audit knowledge base in Kuwait.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), New Delhi and Kuwait Accountants and Auditors Association (KAAA), Kuwait will work together in audit based areas and will also work on corporate governance.
- KAAA and ICAI will offer short-term professional courses in the domain of accounting, finance and audit in for Kuwaiti nationals and members of the ICAI.
- ICAI has a membership base of over 6000 members in the Middle East region.
Approval on Cooperation in the field of Railways between India’s Ministry of Railways, Directorate-General for Mobility and Transport of the European Commission
The Union Cabinet approved administrative arrangement on Cooperation in the field of Railways between the Ministry of Railways, India and the Directorate General for Mobility and Transport of the European Commission which was signed on September 3, 2019, to strengthen the technical exchanges and cooperation in the future.
- As per the agreement, cooperation will be based on areas such as safety, interoperability, economic governance and financial sustainability of Railways, policies in railway like economic, social and environmental aspects. It also focuses on Signalling/control systems (including the European ERTMS system-European Railway Traffic Management System).
- The MoU/MoC (Memorandum of Cooperation) by the Indian railway ministry provides platform to obtain knowledge in the latest technology and developments in the railway sector.
About St. Vincent & the Grenadines:
- Capital- Kingstown.
- Currency- Eastern Caribbean dollar.
About the United States of America(USA):
- Capital- Washington, D.C.
- Currency- US dollar.
- Capital- Kuwait City.
- Currency- Kuwaiti dinar.