Oslo education summit 2015 was held on 6th July hosted by Government of Norway in cooperation with UN Special Envoy for Global Education Gordon Brown.
Theme:- Delivering Quality Education for All.
Summit venue:-Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Oslo, Norway
- Summit was opened by the Prime Minister of Norway HE Ms Erna Solberg, the Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon and Laureate of the 2014 Nobel Peace Prize, Malala Yousafzai.
- The Summit placed special focus on investment, girls’ education, quality and emergency situations.
- It mainly aimed at mobilizing “strong and renewed political commitment” for children deprived of the right to education, and to improve learning outcomes for those who attend the school.
- More than 58 million children throughout the world are out of education facility and most of them who gets education are not learning. Progress has been reduced, says a report.
- The summit has initiated an international support to the children who are deprived of education through innovative partnership and well-coordinated development aid.
- The UN chief Ban Ki-moon shared his concerns regarding ongoing crises in the world for education where still tens of millions of children and youth and beyond are out of school like Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Sudan, South Sudan, the Central African Republic, Libya, the Democratic Republic of the Congo and many more.
- While giving tribute to Kailash Satyarthi, and Pakistani activist for female education Malala Yousafzai and attendees at the Summit, he conveyed a message in of his words that- “The fight for education demands a fight against child labor and child trafficking and that there is no more powerful force against violent extremism than a girl with a book.”
- India’s Kailash Satyarthi including 14 Nobel laureates from across the world pledged to UN and other national community to invest in education to protect children from exploitation and violence.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification