Mr. Jitendra Singh, Minister of State for the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region launched the Online Vigilance Clearance System and E-Service Book in New Delhi on March 30, 2017. Central Vigilance Commissioner, K V Chowdary, was also present on this occasion.
- The service is launched for the senior-level officer’s appointment in central governments by clearing their cases of vigilance through online.
- The Online Vigilance Clearance System is only available for board-level appointments done by Public Enterprises Selection Board for Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSE).
- Then it will be extended for senior appointments in banks and in government departments.
- The time which is taken for clearance would be reduced from three months to a day or two.
Role for Ministers
All central government ministries are asked to regularly update database of officers on the system which will act as computerized database and provides the details of officers clearly.
Need for Online Vigilance Clearance System
- There are lots of difficulties faced due to the non-availability of vigilance clearance since it ensures prompt filling of vacancies in the CPSE.
- By the installation of Online Vigilance Clearance System there is a vast change in appointment processes and it will cut delay in the process.
Need for E-Service Book
The E-Service Book will electronically maintain service records of the employees including leave, house building allowance, history of work done at various departments.
- It will help in maintaining the employee’s service related records online and result in quick processing of cases of pension or salary.
- The service has been started on pilot-project mode for the employees of Personnel Ministry and it will be extended to other departments.
- It rejects the manual maintenance of employee record.
About Vigilance Clearance
- Vigilance Clearance is the method to certify whether an employee is involved in any misconduct or criminal offence.
- The offences include demand/ acceptance of illegal gratification, possession of disproportionate assets, forgery, cheating, and abuse of official position.
- On the issue of bad conduct the employee will be terminated from the service or appointment will be cancelled in case of new employee