OneWeb (a venture backed by Sunil Mittal) has signed an Cooperative agreement with SoftBank Group Corp, a Japanese multinational holding company to promote its satellite communication services in the Global and Japan markets.
- The two entities will promote satellite communication services through a combination of OneWeb’s satellite services & SoftBank’s Digital Transformation (DX) platform services.
- They will also engage in technical and product development to enhance their competitiveness in these markets.
- The agreement encompasses obtaining regulatory approvals & setting up of ground stations in Japan.
- On April 26, 2021, OneWeb successfully launched 36 satellites into Low Earth Orbit (LEO) constellation.
- It currently has 182 of the 648 planned LEO satellites of its constellation in space.
- Nettle Infrastructure Investments, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bharti Airtel acquired 100% stake (10, 000 shares) in OneWeb India Communications Pvt Ltd.
Recent Related News:
i.April 13, 2021, OneWeb signed an MoU with the Kazakhstan Government and other subsidiaries for accelerating connectivity services in the country commemorating the 60th Anniversary of Yuri Gagarin’s first human spaceflight.
About One Web
CEO – Neil Masterson
Executive Chairman – Sunil Bharti Mittal
Headquarters – London, United Kingdom
About SoftBank Group Corp
Chairman & CEO – Masayoshi Son
Headquarters – Tokyo, Japan