As a part of “Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems” Odisha Government started off the online state – police citizen portal to enable general public to register their complaints with police by sitting at home with just click of a mouse.
- Portal was inaugurated by Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik in Bhubaneswar.
- The 531 police stations of the state have been linked with this quick delivery system which will provide a superior base for keeping an eye on criminals and larger crimes.
This new initiative taken by state police would help the citizens of Odisha specially who are living in remote areas, by saving their time and by establishing fast and effective communication with the police which can be easily accessed from anytime anywhere.
FACITILITIES PROVIDED BY PORTAL
- Submission of online complaints
- Issuance of FIR copies
- Issuance of character certificates
- Permission for taking out processions and rallies
- Permission for holding events and performances
- Permission for holding protests and strikes
- Verification of tenants and employees
- Registration of missing permissions
- Registration of lost property
- Online tracking of the status of registered complaints
This initiative will also help in escalation in the image of the police.