“Housing for All” policy for urban areas was approved by the Odisha Government. State cabinet chaired by Chief Minister NAVEEN PATNAIK given the approval for this new policy.
The policy envisages provisions enabling framework for implementation of affordable housing projects, slum rehabilitation and redevelopment projects and to facilitate development of housing schemes in urban areas.
People belonging to Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) and Low Income Group (LIG) would benefit from the policy.
The objective of the policy was to create a framework to address all aspects of housing for the urban poor including creation and development of housing stock, beneficiary identification, allotment process, operation and upkeep of affordable housing projects.
- The policy provides concession of 20 per cent on land premium to the government agencies in lieu of which they would reserve 20 per cent land area in a housing project for EWS and LIG housing.
- The policy also extends benefits to Government Agencies like Odisha State Housing Board, development authorities and urban local bodies, and land for affordable housing projects and slum rehabilitation and redevelopment projects would be provided without any premium to these government agencies.
• The Government of Odisha and its 30 districts consists of an executive, led by the Governor of Odisha, a judiciary, and a legislative branch.
• Bhubaneswar is the capital of Odisha, and houses the Vidhan Sabha (Legislative Assembly) and the secretariat.
• The Orissa High Court, located in Cuttack, has jurisdiction over the whole state.
• The present Legislative Assembly of Odisha is unicameral, consisting of 147 Member of the Legislative Assembly (M.L.A). Its term is 5 years