On February 25, 2021, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched several online services of the Department of Women & Child Development (WCD) & Mission Shakti (MS) under the 5T Initiatives.
Apps & Services
- For Real time monitoring & efficient supply chain management of Take Home Ration (Chhatua)
- For Real-time monitoring of functioning creches (Children 0-3 years) track infrastructure and health & nutrition of every child.
‘Mo Sishu Portal’
- An information management & monitoring system created exclusively for child protection services. It will enable systematic report & centralized recording of cases related to Child protection by Enforcement agencies.
‘MAMATA App & MIS’
- Citizen centric app & MIS (Management Information System) for registration of pregnant and lactating women for cash transfer of INR 5, 000 under MAMATA Flagship scheme.
- For transfer of honorarium to 1, 34, 758 AWWs (Anganwadi Workers), mini Anganwadi workers & helpers.
WCD also entered into Technical Collaboration with several organisations & institutions. They are
WCD Collaboration with CFTRI
- WCD collaboration with CFTRI (Central Food Technological Research Institute) for improving the quality of THR (Take Home Ration)
- Test samples of THR & Hot Cooked Meals (HCMs)
- Mentor THR producing Women Self Help Groups (WSHGs)
WCD Collaboration with ICMR-RMRC
- WCD has collaborated with ICMR-RMRC (Indian Council of Medical Research-Regional Medical Research Centre) for conducting an annual nutrition survey to get an estimate of prevalence of maternal, child & adolescent undernutrition.
- To track Progress in key nutrition indicators.
- Create awareness at community level on various services & entitlements provisioned for them.
WCD & MS Department collaboration with UNICEF
- To strengthen the structures & capacities of Odisha State Child Protection Society (OSCPS).
- For developing Standard Operating Procedures for Child Protection Scheme.
WCD Collaboration with United Nations World Food Programme (UNWFP)
- For improving the quality of THR, and integrating staples into THR.
- To bring Social Behaviour Change Communication (SBCC) for improving nutrition practices.
Recent Related News:
i.December 25, 2020, The Department of School and Mass Education, Government of Odisha in collaboration with United Nations Children’s Fund(UNICEF), launched a new career portal – Odisha career portal – for secondary and higher secondary students.
Ramsar sites– Bhitarkanika Mangroves, Chilika Lake
UNESCO Heritage Sites– Konark Sun Temple