United States President Barack Obama has re-nominated Indian-American Investor Sunil Sabharwal as Alternate Executive Director at the International Monetary Fund (IMF). He was previously nominated in April 2014 to the same position. Mr Sabharwal has been an independent investor in the payments sector since 2006.
- He was born to an Indian father and a Hungarian mother in New Delhi.
- His parents separated when he was 9, and he moved to Budapest.
- He received a B.S. from The Ohio State University and an M.S. from the London Business School.
- From 1992 to 1996 – He worked at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
- From 1997 to 2003 – He held several positions at GE Capital.
- From 2003 to 2006 – He was a Senior Vice President of Strategic Investments at First Data Corporation/Western Union.
- From 2006 to 2009 – Board Advisor in Warburg Pincu.
- From 2011 to 2013 – Chairman of the Board of Ogone, a European e-commerce payment services company.
International Monetary Fund
- IMF is an International Financial Organization formed in 1945 after the Bretton Woods Conference.
- IMF is working to strengthen global monetary cooperation, maintain financial stability, clearing the way for international trade, encourage high employment, assuring economic growth, and reduce poverty around the world.
- The Headquarters of IMF is at Washington DC, United States.
- IMF was formed with 29 member countries and the current strength is 188.
- The Managing Director of IMF is Christine lagarde.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification