NTPC Renewable Energy Ltd (NTPC REL), the renewable energy arm of NTPC Ltd has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Union Territory of Ladakh to set up India’s 1st Green Hydrogen Mobility project in Ladakh.
- The Agreement will enable NTPC to help Ladakh develop a carbon-free economy based on renewable sources and green hydrogen, which is in line with Prime Minister’s vision of ‘Carbon Neutral’ Ladakh.
- It was signed in the presence of Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh R K Mathur and members of NTPC.
i.During the event, NTPC’s 1st solar installations in Leh in the form of solar trees and a solar carport were inaugurated.
ii.NTPC has plans to launch 5 Hydrogen Buses in Ladakh. It also aims to set up a solar plant and a green hydrogen generation unit in Leh.
iii.The setting up of a hydrogen generation unit in Leh will make it the 1st city in India to implement a green hydrogen-based mobility project.
NTPC’s Renewable Energy initiatives
NTPC is promoting usage of Green hydrogen-based solutions in sectors like mobility, energy, chemical, fertilizer, steel and others.
- Recently, it revised its target of achieving 60 GW renewables capacity by 2032.
- In July, 2021, NTPC Simhadri became the first power plant in India to commission a floating 10MW solar power project at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- NTPC is developing an 100MW Floating Solar Project in NTPC Ramagundam, Telangana, which will be India’s largest floating solar Installation once commissioned.
Recent Related News:
March 11, 2021, India’s Largest Floating Solar Power Plant of 100 MegaWatt (MW) capacity being constructed at Ramagundam in Peddapalli district of Telangana is set to be commissioned by May-June, 2021
About NTPC Ltd
NTPC REL Ltd is a100 % subsidiary of NTPC
CMD – Gurdeep Singh
Headquarters – New Delhi