HP (Hewlett-Packard) India & National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) have entered into a pact for providing ‘scientifically designed worksheets, content for supporting home learning & Early Childhood Skill Development of Students’ to students across India.The content will be provided for Free of Cost.
Objective – To ensure complete skill development of children from an early age.
- NSDC will host the content from HP’s Print Learn Center (HP-PLC) on its digital skilling platform namely ‘eSkill India’.
- It will help in developing modern skills like problem solving, analytical ability, computing and leadership abilities among young students.
- It will be made available in English and 7 Indian Languages (Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Bengali, Hindi, Gujarati, and Marathi).
- Each registered user will get access to 100 learning worksheets each month.
HP – Print Learn Center:
i.HP-PLC is an initiative of HP that has been designed for promoting universal learning, it will supplement the regular school curriculum.
- It is a printable learning module created with assistance from education and skilling experts.
- It was initiated by HP to overcome the gap of absence of regular teaching methods due to the pandemic.
- The modules focus on developing innovation and encourage development in physical health, motor development, language & cognitive skills, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics), sensory and perceptual development, aesthetic appreciation and others.
- It is a digital skilling initiative setup by NSDC for fulfilling the need in India for skilled manpower across various sectors and reduce the gap between demand and supply of skills.
- At present around 28, 000 minutes of digital courses and content are available in multiple languages.
Recent Related News:
i.On September 08, 2020, NSDC and LinkedIn announced a partnership to provide access to free learning resources for imparting digital skills to youth for enhancing employability.
About National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC):
Chairman – A M Naik
Headquarters – New Delhi
About HP India:
Managing Director – Ketan Patel