National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG), Uttar Pradesh Jal Nigam (UPJN) & GA Infra Private Limited-Lahoti Buildcon Limited have signed an Tripartite Agreement for development of Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs) at Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- Aim – To eliminate flow of untreated sewage from Moradabad city into River Ganga.
- Total Cost of the project – INR 99.68 Crore rupees.
- Lending for these projects will be provided by SBI Capital.
NMCG also approved other projects for addressing Sewage Problems in Moradabad.
- NMCG approved the construction of 25 Million Litre per Day (MLD) Sewage Treatment Plant in Moradabad.
- It also approved other works such as development of Interception & Diversion (I&D) structures, I&D network laying, Sewage Pumping Stations including Operation and Maintenance for 15 years.
- These projects are also being lended by SBI Capital.
- NMCG also approved the project for ‘Pollution Abatement Works for River Ram ganga at Bareilly’ for construction of STP of 65 MLD which are now under tender evaluation stage.
- River Ramganga is a critical polluting tributary of river Ganga.
- Moradabad & Bareilly being the two major towns located along the river Ramganga.
National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG)
- The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG), under the Ministry of Jal Shakti, is a society registered on 12th August 2011 under the Societies Registration Act 1860.
- It acted as the implementation arm of the National Ganga River Basin Authority(NGRBA).
- Aim – To clean Ganges and its tributaries.
Recent Related News:
i.June 29, 2020, The World bank enhanced the support to India’s programme to rejuvenate the Ganga with $400 million through Second National Ganga River Basin Project (SNGRBP), for the development of infrastructure projects Under the National Ganga River Basin Project.
About National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG):
Director General – Rajiv Ranjan Mishra
Headquarters – New Delhi