On April 23, 2017, Vice-Chairman of NITI Aayog, Mr. Arvind Panagariya presented a glimpse of ‘India 2031-32: Vision, Strategy and Action Agenda’ to Governing Council of NITI Aayog, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- NITI Aayog has envisaged houses, vehicles, Air Conditioners for all Indian Citizens by year 2032
Development Indicators as per ‘India 2031-32: Vision, Strategy and Action Agenda’:
- 100% literacy in society with universal access to health care.
- Extensive connectivity as per modern standards through all modes viz. roads, railways, waterways and air connectivity.
- Enhanced level of overall cleanliness where every India citizen would have access to quality air and water.
- Per capita income would increase three times from Rs 1.06 lakh in 2015-16 to Rs 3.14 lakh in 2031-32.
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP) would also increase three times from Rs 137 lakh crore in 2015-16 to Rs 469 lakh crore in 2031-32.
- Central and State expenditure will rise from Rs 38 lakh crore in 2015-16 to Rs 130 lakh crorein 2031-32.
It was mentioned that work on Fifteen Year Vision and Seven Year Strategy document spanning 2017-18 to 2031-32 is in progress. Moreover, the Three Year Action Agenda covering 2017-18 to 2019-20 which has been provided to the Governing Council Members would be finalised shortly.
As per Mr. Panagariya’s presentation all efforts have been geared towards realising PM Modi’s vision of Vibrant India by 2031-32.
Quick Facts about NITI Aayog:
- Abbreviation NITI stands for National Institution for Transforming India.
- NITI Aayog was formed on January 1, 2015 through a resolution of the Union Cabinet. It replaced the erstwhile Planning Commission.
- It is a ‘Think Tank’ of the Government of India entrusted with the task of formulating strategic and long term policies and programmes and to provide appropriate technical advice to Centre and States.
- Prime Minister of India serves as the Ex-Officio Chairperson of NITI Aayog.
- Headquarters of NITI Aayog is located in New Delhi.