On April 12, 2021, Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog & Embassy of Denmark signed a Statement of Intent (SoI) for promoting innovation and entrepreneurship among aspiring entrepreneurs in India. The SoI was signed at the premises of NITI Aayog in New Delhi and is part of the Indo-Danish Bilateral Green Strategic Partnership.
i.Under the partnership, Innovation Center Denmark in India will collaborate with AIM to
- Support the current and future initiatives of AIM, NITI Aayog.
- Develop Global Innovation Green economy partnerships that will address Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
ii.The partnership will be executed through Innovation Center Denmark (ICDK) under the aegis of the Embassy of Denmark.
iii.The collaboration will help Indian innovators get access to Danish technical expertise and allow Danish Innovators to work on India-specific solutions.
- In December 2020, AIM partnered with ICDK, Denmark Embassy in India and the Denmark Technical University (DTU) to launch AIM-ICDK Water Innovation Challenge.
- It was aimed at identifying innovative solutions for solving challenges related to water in India.
- The winners will be part of the Indian delegation for the Next Generation Water Action at IWA (International Water Association) Water Congress scheduled to be held in May 2021 in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Both entities have identified 10 innovations through the Water Innovation Challenge.
Recent Related News:
i.On September 28, 2020, a Virtual Bilateral Summit was held between Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Prime Minister of Denmark Mette Frederiksen. During the meet, the two nations agreed to elevate India-Denmark relations to a Green Strategic Partnership.
About Atal Innovation Mission (AIM):
Mission Director – R Ramanan (Dr Chintan Vaishnav will take over later April, 2021)
Headquarters – New Delhi
Prime Minister – Mette Frederiksen
Capital – Copenhagen
Currency – Danish Krone