NITI Aayog has constituted 2 Task Forces for recommending policy framework for enforcement of contracts & effective conciliation mechanism.
i.The Task Force for Enforcement of contracts will be headed by Rajiv Kumar, Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog.
ii.The Task Force for Effective conciliation mechanism will be headed by Amitabh Kant, CEO of NITI Aayog.
Task Force on Enforcement of Contracts
Rajiv Kumar, NITI Aayog Vice Chairman.
- To address risk perception in investment & achieve policy certainty.
Terms of Reference
- Constitutions & Operationalisation of adequate number of dedicated commercial courts with required infrastructure in major towns/clusters at district level in all states to deal exclusively with commercial cases.
- Examination of relevant provisions of the Commercial Courts Act, 2015 on its jurisdiction over different categories of cases.
- To examine the ‘pecuniary’ jurisdiction of commercial courts
Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs (DEA); Secretary, Revenue; Secretary, Department of Commerce; Chief Secretary (Maharashtra); Chief Secretary (Gujarat), Chief Secretary (Andhra Pradesh); Chief Secretary (Tamil Nadu); Chief Secretary (Uttar Pradesh)
The taskforce will submit its report within 6 months of its constitution.
Task Force for Effective conciliation mechanism
Amitabh Kant, CEO of Niti Aayog.
- To suggest facilitation of speedy resolution of contractual disputes between private entities & the government.
- Augment Ease of Doing Business.
Terms of Reference
- Developing & formulating guidelines for an effective conciliation mechanism, speedy settlement/resolution of disputes arising out of contracts between Government Ministries & Private Contractor/concessionaire.
- To suggest policy, procedural and institutional measures on related matters of applicability, conciliation process.
- It will also examine the relevant provisions of Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996.
Secretary, DPIIT (Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade); Secretary of DEA; Secretary of Department of Legal Affairs; Chairman and CEO, Railway Board; Secretary, MoRTH (Ministry of Road Transport and Highways); Secretary, Civil Aviation; Secretary, Power; Secretary, MNRE (Ministry of New and Renewable Energy); Chairman, NHAI (National Highways Authority of India).
The task force will submit its report within 3 months of its constitution.
|Task Force on||Head||Purpose|
|Enforcement of Contracts||Rajiv Kumar,
NITI Aayog Vice Chairman
|Effective Conciliation mechanism||Amitabh Kant, CEO of NITI Aayog||
Recent Related News:
i.On 22nd October 2020, the NITI Aayog constituted a 14-member advisory committee headed by Rajiv Kumar, Vice Chairman(VC) of NITI Aayog to evaluate the reforms in the urban planning education system.
About NITI Aayog
Chairman–Prime Minister (Narendra Damodardas Modi)
Headquarter– New Delhi