On April 13, 2021, National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog launched the Website ‘Poshan Gyan’ which is a National Digital Repository on Health & Nutrition. It has been developed in collaboration with Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) & Centre for Social and Behaviour Change (CSBC), Ashoka University.
- It has a collection of communication materials created by government agencies & other development organizations for tackling the challenges of knowledge awareness and behaviour change in the nutrition sector.
- Poshan Gyan repository was conceptualized as a resource, enabling search of communication materials on 14 thematic areas of health and nutrition.
- It covers topics like antenatal care, complementary feeding, adolescent health, diet diversity, anemia prevention and others.
- The content for the repository has been sourced from the Ministries of Health and Family Welfare & Women and Child Development and other developmental organizations.
- The repository introduces unique crowdsourcing features & highlights the ‘Theme of the Month’.
Recent Related News:
i.November 21, 2020, 6 International Organizations including FIGO, UNICEF India, FOGSI & 3 other organizations have partnered to strengthen the implementation of the POSHAN Abhiyaan.
About Centre for Social and Behaviour Change (CSBC)
Director – Pavan Mamidi
Head quarter – New Delhi, Delhi
About Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF):
Co-Chairs – Bill Gates & Melinda Gates
CEO – Mark Suzman
Headquarters – Seattle, Washington, USA