The National Investment and Infrastructure Fund inked Memorandum of Understanding with Qatar Investment Authority to encourage Infrastructure Investments in India.
The arrangement was happened during visit of Prime Minister to Qatar on June 5, 2016 with a view to encourage investments from Qatar, NIIF signed an MoU with Qatar Investment Authority.
- Mr. Abdullah Bin Mohamed Al Thani, CEO of Qatar Investment Authority (QIA)
- Mr. Amar Sinha, Secretary (Economic Relations), Ministry of External Affairs on behalf of NIIF Ltd
About Qatar Investment Authority:
- Independent wealth fund of Qatar
- The fund organizes varieties of investment strategies and invests through selected network
- Long-term investors and access investment opportunities across all geographical areas, sectors and asset classes
Tenure: One year
- To facilitate QIA to educate investment opportunities in the infrastructure sector in India
- Discuss and agree on the terms, principles, criteria for the investments
- Develop a agenda for exchange of information with regard to such investments opportunities
About National Investment and Infrastructure Fund:
India’s first Rs 40,000crore Independent wealth fund
Aim: to attract investment in infrastructure development in commercially executable projects such as Greenfield and Brownfield, including stalled projects