NICL AO Preparation
Try to solve the following Questions in Reasoning with in 15 Minutes. Use the Disqus section efficiently and kindly share your Knowledge with others.
Request – Don’t post any irrelevant comments.
A © B – A is not smaller than B
A % B – A is not greater than B
A * B – A is neither smaller than nor equal to B
A @ B – A is neither Greater than nor Smaller than B
A $ B – A is neither greater than nor equal to B
1. Statements – F % T, T @ J, J * W
Conclusions – I) J @ F II) J * F III) W $ T
Answers – 1. Only I is True. 2. Only II is True. 3. Only III is True. 4. Only Either I or II is True.
5. Only either I or II and III are True
2. Statements – R * D, D © K, K $ M
Conclusions – I) M * R II) K $ R III) K $ M
Answers – 1. None is True. 2. Only I is true. 3. Only II is True. 4. Only III is True. 5. II and III are True.
3. Statements – Z © F, F $ M, M % K
Conclusions – I) K * F II) Z * M III) K * Z
Answers – 1. Only I is True. 2. Only II is True. 3. Only III is True. 4. II and III are True. 5. None of these.
4. Statements – H @ B, B © R, A $ R
Conclusions – I) B * A II) R % H III) A $ H
Answers – 1. Only I and II are True 2. I and III are True 3. II and III are true 4. All are True 5. None of these
5. Statements – M $ J, J * T, K © T
Conclusions – I) K * J II) M $ T III) M $ K
Answers – 1. None is True 2. Only I is True. 3. Only II is True. 4. Only III is True. 5. II and III are True.
Read the Passage and Answer the Questions
Eight Close Friends – X, Y, Z, K, P, Q, W and H are standing around a circle facing at the center. Z is to the immediate right of X who is fourth to the right of K. P is 2nd to the left of X and is 4th to the right of W. Q is second to the right of Y, who is 2nd to the right of H.
6. Who is third to the right of X?
a) W b) Z c) K d) H e) None of these
7. Which of the following represents the immediate neighbors of Y?
a) PQ b) KH c) PH d) KQ e) PK
8. Who is third to the right of W?
a) P b) Y c) K d) H e) Data Inadequate
9. Who is second to the left of P?
a) Y b) H c) K d) Data Inadequate d) None of these
10. Who is to the immediate left of Y?
a) Q b) P c) W d) Data Inadequate d) None of these
11. Statements: All buildings are doors; No toys is Building; Some Goats are Toys.
Conclusions : 1. Atleast some Goats are Buildings. 2. All doors being Goats is a possibility 3. All Toys are Goats. 4. Some doors are definitely toys.
Answers : 1) All Follow 2) None follows 3) II Follow 4) III and IV Follow 5) I and III Follow
12. Statements: No room is a School; All colleges are schools; All schools are Professors
Conclusions: 1. No room is a Professor 2. All colleges can be Professors. 3) Some Professors are not rooms. 4. No college is a room.
Answer: 1) III and IV Follow 2) Either I or IV follow 3) Either I or IV and III Follow 4) None Follows 5) All Follow
13. Statements – Some towers are animals; All animals are cats; some cats are rats
Conclusions – Atleast some rats are animals. 2. All cats are Animals 3. Some cats being towers is a possibility. 4) All rats are not towers
Answers: 1) All Follow 2) Only II Follows 3) Only III Follows 4) Either III or IV Follows 5) None FOllows
14. Statements – All Colleges are towns; All towns are villages; All Universities are Villages
Conclusion – 1. All villages are not towns; 2. Some Univs are definitely towns; 3. Some Univs are COlleges. 4. No Univ is a College.
Answers: 1) Either III or IV Follows. 2) I and II Follow 3) I and III Follow 4) I and IV Follow 5) All Follow
15. Statements : Some Cats are pathways; Some Wheels are Pathways; All cars are cats
Conclusion – Some cars are definitely pathways. 2) All cats are cars 3) Some cars being wheels is a possibility 4) Some wheels being cats is a possibility.
Answers 1) None Follows 2) I and II Follow 3) III and IV Follow 4) I and III follow 5) All FOllow
|1 – 5||6 – 4||11 – 3|
|2 – 3||7 – 5||12 – 1|
|3 – 1||8 – 2||13 – 5|
|4 – 4||9 – 3||14 – 1|
|5 – 1||10 – 1||15 – 3|