National High-Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL) & Japan Railway Track Consultant Co. Limited (JRTC) virtually signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for Track works in the 237-km stretch between Vadodara & Vapi in Gujarat for the Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail (MAHSR) also known as Bullet Train Project.
- Under the agreement, JRTC will provide design & drawing of major High-Speed Rail (HSR) track components like RC Track bed, track slab arrangement & Continuous Welded Rail (CWR) forces.
- It will strengthen the ‘Make in India’ initiative & ensure the transfer of technology from the Japanese high-speed rail system to India.
- The virtual event was attended by Achal Khare, Managing Director of NHSRCL & Horiyama, President of JRTC among others.
Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail (MAHSR)
- It is India’s First Bullet Train Project and is being constructed at an estimated cost of INR 1.08 Lakh Crore.
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi & former Japan Prime Minister Shinzo Abe had laid the foundation stone for the project in September 2017.
- NHSRCL is the implementing agency for the Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail (MAHSR) project
- They are expected to run at 320 Kms per hour covering the 508 Km Stretch in about 2 hours.
Recent Related News:
i.November 22, 2020, L&T Construction, the construction arm of L&T secured the contract to build 87.569 Kms of India’s first high-speed rail corridor or Bullet Train Project – ‘Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail (MAHSR)’ from the National High-Speed Rail Corporation (NHSRCL).
About National High-Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL):
It was incorporated in 2016 under the Companies Act, 2013
It functions under the Ministry of Railways
MD – Achal Khare
Head Office– New Delhi