Union government has notified the new rules on the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Act, 1989 was amended by Parliament in Dec 2015.
- The notified rules will ensure speedy justice to their members, it alsomandates police to file charge sheet within 60 days after a complaint is lodged.
- These rules are notified by the Centre on Babasaheb Ambedkar’s birth anniversary towards achieving his vision of a more equal and just society.
- It will not only speed up the process of special consideration of justice to the victims of atrocities but will also liberalize and expedite access to relief for the Dalit community members.
- The law emphasizes relief for offences of rape and gang rape, this is the first time such provisions being implemented.
- The rule notifies medical examination for getting reprieve amount for non-invasive kind of offences against women like sexual harassment, gestures, assault or use of criminal force with intent to disrobe, voyeurism, stalking.
- It includes relief amount to SC/ST women for offences of grievous nature, on conclusion of trial, even though not ending in conviction.
- Monetary increase in the standing quantum of relief amount from between Rs. 75,000/- to Rs. 7, 50,000/-to between Rs. 85,000/- to Rs. 8, 25,000/- upon the nature of the offence, while linking it with the Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers for the month of January, 2016.
- The victim relief in cash or in kind or both within 7 days to the victims of atrocity and their kin.
- It also include rationalization of the phasing of payment of relief amount to victims for various offences of atrocities.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification