Human Resource Development Minister Smriti Irani launched the national web portal at New Delhi for promotion of a national apprenticeship scheme for Graduates, Diploma holders and 10+2 pass-outs vocational certificate holders.
Logo and a Slogan – “Sashakt Yuva, Samarth Bharat”
Aim – It aims to provide opportunities for practical training.
- Multilingual platform – 4 languages – Marathi, Bengali, Tamil and Hindi.
- Mechanism of internal complaints committee, would also offer security for women at workplace and ensure grievance redressal for the apprentice.
- Portal enables door step delivery of service, streamlines processes and saves time for students.
- Portal will enable viable contract for students and industry partnership.
- It will ensure seamless connectivity with all stake holders including students, establishments and technical institutions across the country for transparent administration through e-Governance.
The Union Minister stated that Ministry of Human Resource Development implements the apprenticeship training scheme for one year through Board of Apprenticeship Training (BOATs)/Board of Practical Training (BOPT) located at Mumbai, Chennai, Kanpur and Kolkata.
The Union Minister asked the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to come together to expand the outreach and exposure especially for class XI and XII students.