National Postal Week is annually observed across India from October 09 to 13 to generate a broad awareness about the role of India Post and its activities among the public and media at a national level.
- The observance of National Postal Week is led by the Department of Posts (DOP).
The National Postal Week 2023 is observed from 9th to 13th October 2023 under the theme “Together for trust: Collaborating for a safe and connected future”.
- This is the theme of World Post Day 2023.
- National Postal Week started with World Post Day, observed across the globe on 9 October to mark the anniversary of the establishment of the Universal Postal Union’s (UPU) in 1874.
- DoP trading as India Post, is a government-operated postal system in India, which is a part of the Ministry of Communications of the Government of India (GoI).
- India possesses the largest postal network in the world.
Observance of National Postal Week 2023:
9th October 2023 – World Post Day
10th October 2023 – Vittiya Sashaktikaran Diwas(Financial Empowerment Day).
11th October 2023 – Philately Day
12th October 2023 – Mails and Parcels Day
13th October 2023 – Antyodaya Diwas
The event focuses on the latest products and Mail and Parcel Services like Dak Niryat Kendra (DNK), collaboration with Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC), Amazon, Aadhaar, and other citizen-centric services available at postal counters.
10th October 2023 – Vittiya Sashaktikaran Diwas:
Vittiya Sashaktikaran Diwas (Financial Empowerment Day). The Dak Community Development Program, known as Dak Choupal, was organised by Circles across India.
- This initiative saw participation from various stakeholders, including the central, state, and local governments, with the aim of promoting financial inclusion in even the most remote areas.
11th October 2023 – Philately Day:
Interactive sessions will be arranged at the schools for DHAI AKHAR – “Digital India For New India”. Seminars will be arranged for Philatelists to promote Philately.
- The collection and study of postage stamps are called ‘Philately’.
12th October 2023 – Mails and Parcels Day:
Customer Meetings for Bulk Customers will be organised at Circle, Regional, and Divisional levels, to inform bulk customers about new Parcel Tracker initiatives and gather their feedback.
- Workshops for Postmasters and Delivery Staff will be organised to raise awareness among field staff for better delivery efficiency.
13th October 2023 – Antyodaya Diwas:
i.This will be celebrated to commemorate the contribution of DOP to the lives of the Common Man.
ii.Various seminars will be conducted aimed at schemes for uplifting the marginalized and underprivileged sections of society.