Professors from Japan, USA to be honoured for promoting Hindi.26 writers including 2 Japanese and American Professors will be privileged for Hindi Sevi Samman by President Pranab Mukherjee for their efforts to promote the language.
- Central Hindi Institute an educational arm of union Human Resource Development Ministry announced the list of winners in different categories.
- They will be honored at the RashtrapatiBhavan.
- Fujii Takeshi (Japan) and Gabriela NikIIieva(USA)will be presented George Grearson award in the foreign Hindi writers category.
- Pushpitaavasthi (Netherland) and Padmesh Gupta (London) will be presented the award under NRI category.
- S Shesharatnam (Vishakhapatnam) M GovindRajan (Chennai) Harmahendra Singh Bedi( Amristar) and H Subadani Devi (Imphal) has been selected for writers from non-hindi speaking states.
- Ganesh Shankar Vidhyrthi award will be received by Rahul Dev and BaldevBhaisharma for their contribution to Hindi journalism.
About Sevi Samman :
- The Union Human Resource Development Ministry instituted the Hindi Sevisamman in 1989.
- Central Hindi Institute Director: N.K. Pandey.
- The awardees will receive 5 lakh each and a shawl from President Pranab Mukherjee.
Some More Points to Know:
- Japan Capital-Tokyo
- Japan Currency-Japanese Yen
- Japan Prime Minister-Shinzo Abe
- USA Capital-Washington D.C.
- USA Currency-US Dollar
- USA President-Donald Trump