The National Health Authority (NHA) hosted the two-day Arogya Manthan event on September 25th and 26th, 2023, at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. The event saw the anniversary celebrations of 5 Years of Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY) and 2 Years of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM).
i.The Union Health Minister highlighted the launch of two new initiatives, Aapke Dwar Ayushman (ADA 3.0) launched by NHA and the ‘Ayushman Bhav’ campaign launched by Hon’ble President of India, Droupadi Murmu on 13 September 2023.
ii.Key attendees: Union Minister of Health Mansukh Mandaviya, Prof. SP Singh Baghel (Minister of State for Health and FW), Dr. VK Paul (Member, Niti Aayog), Sudhansh Pant (Secretary, Health and FW), CEO of National Health Authority (NHA),etc.
iii.First beneficiary of the scheme in the country, 5 years old Karishma was felicitated at Arogya Manthan 2023 by Union Health Minister Dr Mandaviya.
Marking 5 Years of Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY and 2 Years of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
The event marked significant milestones for two flagship healthcare schemes in India:
i.5 years of Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY)
- AB PM-JAY has achieved remarkable success, with over 5 crore hospital admissions, covering more than 24 crore beneficiaries. It boasts a robust IT infrastructure, seamless processes, monitoring mechanisms, outreach efforts, and fraud control systems.
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya highlighted the achievements of AB PM-JAY, crossing over 5.6 crore hospital admissions worth Rs. 69,000 crore. He also emphasized the role of the schemes in reducing healthcare expenses for the poor. He also added that many of these hospital admissions have been availed for life-threatening diseases, whose total cost of treatment would have been 1.5 – 2 times higher if the beneficiaries would have availed the same treatment on their own outside the ambit of AB PM-JAY.
- The event focused on the central role of women in these healthcare initiatives, with around 48% of authorized hospital admissions being availed by women while over 141 medical procedures under PM-JAY are exclusively earmarked for women.
- Females account for approximately 49% of Ayushman card recipients, verified under the PM-JAY IT platform.
About AB PM-JAY:
- Launched on: 23 September, 2018
- Implementing Agency: National Health Authority (NHA)
- It provides a cover of Rs. 5 lakhs per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization.
About Ayushman Bharat:
Ayushman Bharat, a flagship scheme of Government of India, was launched as recommended by the National Health Policy 2017, to achieve the vision of Universal Health Coverage (UHC). This initiative has been designed to meet Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Ayushman Bharat adopts a continuum of care approach, comprising of two inter-related components, which are –
- Health and Wellness Centres (HWCs)
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY)
ii.2 years of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM)
- ABDM, launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, aims to create an efficient digital health ecosystem with active participation from both public and private sectors. It has generated over 45 crore Ayushman Bharat Health Account (ABHA) and linked over 30 crore health records.
Note: i.ABHA number is a 14 digit number that will uniquely identify you as a participant in India’s digital healthcare ecosystem.
ii.ABHA address is a unique identifier (self-declared username) that enables you to share and access your health records digitally.
- Launched on: 27 September 2021
- ABDM shall create a seamless online platform “through the provision of a wide-range of data, information and infrastructure services, duly leveraging open, interoperable, standards-based digital systems” while ensuring the security, confidentiality and privacy of health-related personal information.
Top-Performing States/UT for AB PM-JAY and ABDM at Arogya Manthan 2023
Awards were presented to states & Union Territories (UTs) for effective implementation of AB PM-JAY and ABDM under various categories, including gender equity, service delivery, grievance redressal, and treatments.
Ayushman Utkrishtata Puraskaar (Ayushman Excellence Awards) 2023:
|Ayushman Utkristata Puraskaar (AB PM-JAY)|
|Highest Ayushman Card Creation||Best Performing State (Large)||Assam|
|Best Performing State (Small)||Nagaland|
|Best Performing State (UT)||Jammu and Kashmir|
|Highest Percentage of utilization in Public Hospitals||Best Performing State (Large)||Karnataka|
|Best Performing State (Small)||Tripura|
|Best claim settlement performance||Best Performing State (Large)||Uttarakhand|
|Best Performing State (Small)||Nagaland|
|Best Performing State (UT)||Lakshadweep|
|Ayushman Kiosks Deployment and Green channel implementation||Uttar Pradesh|
|Best initiative for implementation of the scheme||Maharashtra|
|Best Practices under PM-JAY||Assam , Gujarat, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Uttarakhand|
|Ayushman Utkristata Puraskaar (ABDM)|
|Digital health records linked with ABHA per lakh population (State)||Highest||Andhra Pradesh|
|Digital health records linked with ABHA per lakh population (District)||Highest||New Delhi|
|2nd Highest||Visakhapatnam, Eluru distrct, Andhra Pradesh|
|Top State/UT in Generation of ABHA Scan and share tokens||Highest||Uttar Pradesh|
|3rd Highest||Jammu and Kashmir|
- National Health Authority is the successor of National Health Agency, which was functioning as a registered society since 23rd May, 2018.
- National Health Agency was reconstituted as the National Health Authority on 2nd January 2019
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Sudhansh Pant
- Headquarters – New Delhi, Delhi