During the two-day long National Summit on Family Planning in New Delhi Union Health Minister P. Nadda launched the new revamped logo for the family planning media awareness campaign, which if properly implemented, can be a key strategy to reduce maternal and child mortality and morbidities.
- The Summit had New Choices, New Horizons as its theme.J P Nadda has also formally launched first indigenously developed natural latex-based female condom.
- The new latex version of female condom is manufactured by Kerala based HLL Lifecare Ltd under the brand name Velve
Family Planning –Key strategies:
- The Minister inaugurated the summit with the new revamped logo for Family Planning media awareness campaign along with the 360 degree communication plan for enhanced awareness regarding various issues pertaining to family planning.
- Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan is the brand ambassador and anchor for the new communication approach.
- The IEC (Information, Education and Communication) package has several TV and radio spots which focus on the role of various stakeholders such as the mother, father, mother-in-law, husband and other in the families as well as the role of community health workers, doctors, nurses, ANMs and ASHAs to educate and inform regarding the available choices.
- The Union Health Minister stated Family Planning has now been put in the centre-stage as a major pillar of our RMNCH+ a strategy to improve survival and health of women and children with special focus on delaying the first birth and spacing between births.
These states were awarded for their contribution towards the Family Planning efforts of the country.
- Tamil Nadu in Post-partum Sterilization
- Madhya Pradesh in PPIUCD
- Bihar on Female Sterilization and
- Himachal Pradesh in Male Sterilization.