A puncture-proof tyre technology invented by Sameer Panda from Odisha state bag Nasa award for finding solution to tyre bursts.
- Event Name : Create the Future Design Contest- 2015
- Organiser : Nasa and Society of Automobile Engineers,International
- Venue : New York
- Participants : Thousands of young scientists from 60 countries.
- Winners : Eight teams received the awards and 32 inventions found a place in Nasa’s official publication in the special issue of November.
TycheeJuno project :
The burst prevention and puncture curative technology (BPPC) invention by TycheeJuno project.Udit Bondia, KN Panda and Smitiparna Satpathy are the other members of the team.
- Burst Prevention and Puncture Curative technology limiting the impacts of punctures, but there hasn’t been a solution to decrease the chances of a tyre bursting due to overheating.
- This is not only decreases the possibilities of bursts but has also taken care of punctures, dynamic wheel balancing, increasing fuel efficiency and life.
- TycheeJuno’s technology in 10 million vehicles, reduction in carbon emission due to decreased tyre replacement would be be 200,000 tons of carbon dioxide per annum.
- Improved fuel efficiency will result in reduction of 200 million gallons of gasoline consumption .
Key points :
- NASA Headquarters : Washington, D.C.
- NASA Administrator : Charles Bolden.