In a bid to make Indian economy as a global manufacturing hub, PM Narendra Modi instigated “Make In India” Week at MMRDA ground in Mumbai. The Make in India week will conclude on 18 February.
- During the inauguration of biggest business expo PM Modi was joined by the Prime Minister of Sweden Stefan Lofven, Prime Minister of Finland Juha Sipila and other dignitaries at the centre.
- Participants – Dignitaries from 49 countries and Businesses from 68 countries
This flagship event will escalate Make in India initiative and to showcase to the world the achievements of the nation in the manufacturing sector.
Key Focus of make in India Week:
- It will act as platform for exhibiting innovative products and manufacturing processes developed in India.
- Asia Business Forum would comprise of a series of seminars, CEO meets, roundtables and networking events on economic challenges, investment opportunities, design and innovation.
- Hackathon would be a 24 hour marathon event where coders, engineers and designers collaborate intensively for 24 hours to come up with ideas to solve urban design problems.
- Apart from above, events such as State Sessions, Design Conferences, Cultural & Fashion Shows and Networking Dinners would be conducted.
PM Modi in his speech stated that “India is blessed with three Ds: Democracy, Demography and Demand. To this we have added another D – Deregulation.”
Maharashtra inked 3 MoUs on the first day of flagship week:
Maharashtra had signed MoUs with 3 companies on the first day of the event, worth Rs.21, 400 crore.