Mylab Discovery Solutions, Pune based molecular diagnostics company has launched ‘Compact XL’- India’s first machine to automate the manual processes of molecular diagnostic tests like RT-PCR test for COVID-19 on 7th July 2020.
The machine was unveiled by Adar Poonawalla, CEO of Serum Institute of India (SII).
About Compact XL:
- Each component of Compact XL is designed and developed in India.
- Compact XL is a bench-top machine that automates lab processes from sample handling to prepare RT-PCR ready tubes.
- It is a cartridge-based machine and can test about 32 samples per hour such as plasma, tissue, sputum, and swab at the same time.
- Compact XL will replace the need of 700 sq ft of clean room lab with a 4×3 benchtop machine and reduce the need of 3-4 expert technicians, saving operational costs for labs.
- The machine reduces manual error and human efforts.
- The demand supply gaps of highly skilled technicians for testing will be addressed.
- The cost of the Machine is Rs 40 lakh (4 million).
About Mylab Discovery Solutions:
Executive Director: Mr. Shailendra Kawade
Managing Director: Mr. Hasmukh Rawal