Polutech which engages in the water treatment engineering services,is a part of Murugappa’s Group will form a Joint Venture (JV) with Japan-based Organo Group for providing water treatment services in the industrial sector.
- Polutech Ltd, Chennai-based group will hold a stake of 51 per cent and remaining with the Japan-based Organo Group in the Joint Venture.
- The new venture will work on industrial water treatment requirements of the growing manufacturing sector in India.
- Polutech is one of the leading players in the water treatment engineering services in India which engages in water treatment engineering services, manufactures equipment and designing systems for water and waste water treatment plants for sugar, pharma, food & beverage industries.
- Organo is a leading general water treatment engineering company that provides water treatment systems and chemicals to a wide range of industries.
- It has its headquarters in Tokyo, Japan.
- Organo operates on businesses like sales of water treatment systems, maintenance and management of delivered systems, and sales of standard products and chemicals.
- Organo’s turnover was Rs 3,500 crore in the financial year 2014(FY 14).
- Murugappa Group is one of India’s leading business conglomerates, founded, managed, and largely owned by the Murugappa family has 28 businesses including eleven listed companies actively traded in NSE & BSE.
- It has its Headquarters in Chennai, founded in 1900.
- Murugappa’s Group active in several segments including Abrasives, Auto Components, Cycles, Sugar, Farm Inputs, Fertilizers, Plantations, Bioproducts and Nutraceuticals.
- The Group has forged strong alliances with leading international companies like Groupe chimique tunisien, Foskor, Cargill, Mitsui Sumitomo, Morgan Crucible and Sociedad Quimica y Minera de Chile (SQM).