The Financial Capital of India, Mumbai has been ranked among the World’s top Tourists destinations for 2017.The Booking.com analyzed the top 300 destinations based on growth in search and bookings to find the most upcoming places to visit in 2017.
- According to a survey, Mumbai, the entertainment capital of India, has recorded increased volume of tourists and greater than average growth in bookings, as well as the most searched destinations in comparison to last year and is likely to see an increase in domestic and international tourist flow next year.
- Besides Mumbai, Reykjavik(Iceland),Cairns (Australia), Savannah (US), Puerto Rico, Kyoto (Japan) and Jericoacoara (Brazil) also ranked among the top spots.
According to the data collected by the experts at Booking.com,
The role of technology is increasing to book a tourists spot making the travelers more demanding and impatient travel.Near about 44 % travelers plan their holiday using their smart phone while half (52%) expect use of travel apps.
- Of the 40 % of global travelers who journeyed for business in 2016, 46 % think they will travel even more for business in 2017.
- About 49% of business travelers already extended their trips to further enjoy the destination, while three quarters (75%) intended to do so the same or more in 2017.
- About 45 % plan to be more adventurous in their choice of destination, while 47 % would like to explore corners of the globe that none of their friends have yet visited.
- Over 56 % of travelers would love more independent travel in 2017, especially the tourists belonging to Brazil, India, the US, China and Thailand.
- Top destinations where Indians would like to spend their leisure time include Indonesia, Turkey, New Zealand, Australia and the Philippines.
The top trending destinations globally for 2017 based on the internal data of Booking.com
|4||Puerto Rico, Caribbean|
Booking.com is the leading website in the world for booking hotel and other accommodations online which started as a small start-up in Enschede in 1996.
- It guarantees the best prices for any type of property – from small independents to five-star luxury.
- Guests can access the Booking.com website anytime, anywhere from their desktops, mobile phones and tablet devices without any booking fees.
- The Booking.com website is available in 43 languages, offers over 1million hotels and accommodations including 520,000 vacation rental properties and covers over 96,000 destinations in 227 countries and territories worldwide.
- With over 20 years of experience and a team of over 13,000 dedicated employees in 187 offices worldwide.
Headquarter: Amsterdam, Netherlands
CEO: Gillian Tans