Hurun India and IIFL Wealth had jointly released the ranking report ‘IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2021’,a 10th annual ranking of the richest individuals in India.64 years old Mukesh Ambani, the chairman of Reliance Industries(RIL) tops the list for 10th consecutive year. Ambani was followed by Gautam Adani, Adani Group, and Shiv Nadar of HCL for the second and third spot of the 2021 list.
- The report also stated that Cumulative wealth was increased by 51%, while average wealth increased by 25%.
- The Hurun’s 10th year anniversary logo is inspired by the Sanskrit word “Veerya”, meaning energy.
- RIL became the first company to cross $200 billion market capitalisation. RIL has become the 57th most valuable firm in the world according to the Hurun Global 500 Most Valuable Companies 2021.
- Both Adani brothers feature in top 10 for the first time. The wealth estimation of 1,007 individuals has net worth of INR 1,000 crore, across 119 cities. India has a total of 237-dollar billionaires which was increased to 58 from 179 Dollar Billionaires in 2020.
List of Top 10 Richest Indians
|Rank||Name||Company||Wealth in Cr||Daily Wealth Creation Velocity since the 2020 List (INR Cr)|
|1||Mukesh Ambani & family||Reliance Industries||7,18,000||163|
|2||Gautam Adani & family||Adani||5,05,900||1,002|
|3||Shiv Nadar & family||HCL||2,36,600||260|
|4||SP Hinduja & family||Hinduja||2,20,000||209|
|5||LN Mittal & family||ArcelorMittal||1,74,400||312|
|6||Cyrus S Poonawalla & family||Serum Institute of India||1,63,700||190|
|7||Radhakishan Damani & family||Avenue Supermarts||1,54,300||184|
|8||Vinod Shantilal Adani & family||Adani||1,31,600||245|
|9||Kumar Mangalam Birla & family||Aditya Birla||1,22,200||242|
India’s Richest Woman Details: –
- Smita V Crishna,70, Third-generation inheritor of Godrej is India’s richest woman, whilst ‘Biotech Queen’ Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, 68, is the richest self-made Indian woman.
- Neha Narkhede aged 36, Co-founder of confluent is youngest self-made woman entrepreneur in India.
Other Key points of Report:-
i.Mumbai tops list with 255 individuals followed by new Delhi (167) and Bengaluru (85).Chennai overtook Ahmedabad at 5th place.
ii.Shashvat Nakrani from New Delhi, 23, of Payment App Bharatpe is the youngest self-made individual.
ii.46 founders of 26 unicorns made it to the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2021.
iii. Ratan Tata is the most followed entrepreneur with 10 million followers on twitter as per report, followed by Anand Mahindra with 8.5 million followers.
iv.229 new faces, with total of Rs.5,61,200 Cr, of which chemicals is the fastest growing industry.
v.Five individuals still make the India Top 10 after ten years, led by Mukesh Ambani and followed by LN Mittal, Dilip Shanghvi, Kumara Mangalam Birla and Shiv Nadar.
About Hurun India :-
Launched in – 2012
Managing Director – Anas Rahman Junaid
Five core pillars of Hurun India Reports are: Wealth Creation, Value Creation, Sustainability and Philanthropy, Art and Lifestyle and Luxury
About IIFL Wealth Management Limited
MD & CEO – Karan Bhagat
Founded in – 2008
Headquarters – Mumbai, India