According to the report released by Forbes, India has fourth highest number of billionaires in the World and the Indian group is led by Reliance Industries chief Mukesh Ambani.
- The Forbes list of the ‘World’s Billionaires’ 2017 consists of 2,043 of the richest people in the world who have a combined net worth of $7.67 trillion which is 18 percent increase compared to 2016.
Top Billionaire Countries
1.United States: 565
As per the report, United States continues to have more billionaires than any other nation having 565 billionaires, up from 540 a year ago.The report found India to have the fourth highest number of billionaires. It is the first time that India has more than 100 super rich individuals at 101.
Top Three Billionaire
|Bill Gates||Microsoft Co-Founder||$ 86 billion|
|Warren Buffet||Berkshire Hathaway Chief||$75.6 billion|
|Jeff Bezos||Amazon||$72.8 billion|
The list has been topped by Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates for the fourth consecutive year. He has been the richest person in the world for 18 out of the past 23 years. Gates has a fortune of $86 billion up from $75 billion in 2016.
- Berkshire Hathaway chief Warren Buffet was placed second most world’s billionaire with a new worth of $75.6 billion.
- Amazon’s Jeff Bezos with a total worth $72.8 billion was moved into the top three in the world for the first time as compared to 5th position in 2016.
- Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg moved up to 5th spot for the first time, while Carlos Slim Helu of Mexico, once the world’s richest man, fell to number six, the first time he’s been out of the top five in a dozen years.
- US President Donald Trump has been ranked 544th on the list with his net worth of $3.5 billion.
Indian Origin Global Winners
There are nearly 20 people of Indian-origin from across the world who have bene placed in the list.
- UK-based Hinduja brothers ranked 64th with $15.4 billion net worth.
- Indian-born tycoon Pallonji Mistry, Chief of Shapoorji Pallonji Group is ranked at the 77th spot with $14.3 billion net worth.
- Petrochemicals major Indorama co-founder Sri Prakash Lohia at the 288th spot with $5.4 billion net worth.
Top 3 Indian Billionaires
|Mukesh Ambani (33)||Reliance Industries||$ 23.2 billion|
|Lakshmi Mittal (56)||Arcelor Mittal||$ 16.4 billion|
|Azim Premji (72)||Wipro Ltd||$ 14.9 billion|
4 Indian Women Billionaires in List
|Savitri Jindal||Jindal Steel & Power Limited||303|
|Leena Tewari||USV India||1030|
Other Indian Billionaire in the List Includes
|Gautam Adani||Adani Group||250|
|Rahul Bajaj||Bajaj Group||544|
|Anil Ambani||Reliance Group||745|
|Vivek Chand Burman||Dabur||1290|
|Anand Mahindra||Mahindra group||1567|
|Niranjan and Surendra Hiranandani||Property Tycoons||1678|
|Rana Kapoor||Yes Bank||1795|
New Comer: Acharya Balkrishna at 814 position with net worth of $ 2.5 billion.
Youngest Billionaire: Alexandra Andersen (20 years)
The youngest billionaire in the world for the second consecutive year is 20-year-old Alexandra Andresen. She and her sister Katharina Andresen, 21, joined the World’s Billionaires List in 2016 when their father transferred control of their family’s investment company to the sisters, who each have a $1.2 billion fortune.
Wealthiest Women Billionaire: Liliane Bettencourt
France’s Liliane Bettencourt is the world’s wealthiest woman with a $39.5 billion net worth for 2nd year in a row. She is placed at 14th position is a French cosmetics heiress.
Billionaire Newcomer of 2017
This year, there were 195 newcomers. China had the most new 10 figure fortunes with 76. The U.S. was second with 25.
- Out of 195, 24 of the newcomers were women, 9 of whom were from mainland China.
Richest Newcomer Male Billionaire: Juan Francisco Beckmann Vida
Mexico’s tequila maker Jose Cuervo, Chairman, Juan Francisco Beckmann Vidal was listed as the richest newcomer at the age of 77 with an estimated $5.2 billion net worth.
Richest Newcomer Women Billionaire
The richest of the newcomer women were three American sisters, Amy Goldman Fowler, Jane Goldman and Diane Kemper who inherited stakes in Solil Management, a New York real estate firm, from their father. Each of them had an estimated net worth of $ 3 billion
Youngest Newcomer Billionaire: John Collision (26)
The youngest newcomers were Irish brothers John and Patrick Collison, who cofounded Stripe, a payment processing firm. At age 26 and 28, respectively, they each have an estimated fortune of $1.1 billion. John is now the world’s youngest self-made billionaire
About the Forbes World’s Billionaires 2017
The list has 56 billionaires under age 40 compared to 66 last year after some aged out and others dropped below the $1-billion mark.
- 78 people fell off the list including 33 from China, 7 Americans and 9 who are still super wealthy but share their wealth among extended family members and therefore are not eligible for these ranks.
- The Forbes Billionaires list is a snapshot of wealth taken on February 17, 2017.
- Forbes has used stock prices and exchange rates from around the world to calculate net worths.